PLease HELP..why are my HP numbers so low?

2001BlownGT

May 27, 2007
I was wondering if anyone has meth injected a car with an intercooler..I was told it would be a waste of money...is this true? I NEED HELP...look at my set up and my numbers....I bought the car as is the only thing I added was the T/B and plenum...I have a dyno sheet from the previous owner..HP numbers WAY LOW!

316/HP ---341FT/LBS---WTF?? Shouldn't I be making alot more?
12.3 A/F ratio at 5200 rpm

Here is what I have...What should I buy next? I want around 400 HP..

-01 GT 40k miles
-Ps1c Procharger 8lbs
-2 core intercooler
-42 lbs injectors
-Stock manifolds...
-Offroad Xpipe
-80mm Mass Air ----------Could this be the problem? Do I need a 90mm?
-Accufab 75mm TB
-Accufab Plenem
-Diablo Revolution Chip
-3.73 gears

I just ordered a Anderson Power Pipe..Hope that helps...

• Sponsors (?)

Don't go throwing parts at it until you know what the problem is. Some data would be helpful.. Things like intake air temp, timing, boost. Also consider running a compression test to make sure there isn't something mechanically wrong. and the 80mm MAF shouldn't be choking it that much.

NOt the smartest man... but those number are WAY TO LOW, How long have you had it, when was the last time a compression check was done, check the hoses for leaks, timming could be off.. spark plug blow out, so many things.....

Check for boost leaks...im sure thats the problem. WIth an IC your IATs should be very low...maybe a 30* rise. Also what type dyno was it? Lets see the dyno graph.

And yes we need to know the timing also....your tuner could have set it @ 10*s total and that will kill power. Make sure you are seeing 8-9PSI..get a gauge. And 12.3-1 is a little lean. You definatky want to drop that into the 11s.

lol no, thats helping his power....I just said that because a 12.3 isnt very safe. 11.X is safer, but will reduce his power further. Its all in the tune and the closer you push to the edge, the easier it is to have detonation...fuel pumps get weaker over time, injectors get dirty, ect...give yourself a little breathing room. Our pistons and rods DONT like detonation lol.

A Mustang Dyno is going to put a constant load on the vehicle while it's being dynoed for power=lower power numbers. A Dynojet may have some sort of load at first but once the rollers start gaining momentum in the faster speeds, the rollers go in favor of the car. Kind of like running down a steep hill=higher power numbers. But the difference between the two would be like 20-25RWHP, and your numbers would still seem low.

Iv heard of a stock 03-04 cobra dynoing @ 319RWHP on a mustang dyno...so its very possable. Thats why I asked what dyno haha...never know. Those dyno pack dynos are real crazy too....never know where the #s will be. All depends on the operator.

i dont think 8 lbs would get him to 370. i have 11 lbs and an IC and i'm at 370

Why do you say that? I'm at 8 psi with my Novi2000 and I'm at 411 rwhp. It may sound stupid, but my guy at Crazy Horse Racing told me that some cars respond better to superchargers than others.
I'm sure that my 75mm TB and C&L Intake help somewhat with airflow though.

Remember that the HP increase from a fixed amount of boost is directly related to what the NA HP of the engine would be. So if an engine is making 325 HP and you add 8 psi will see more of an increase than a 260 HP engine that adds the same 8 PSI. Just to add both have the same intake air temperature.