Please help with tranny shifter and crossmember and swap issues!!!

mustang347gt

Jun 2, 2004
I bought this 2000 gt that was stripped with no wires in it just a k member and rear end.No I bought a 1998 mustang gt with a auto complete car.I installed all the wires and dash, heater box, all brake and fuel lines engine trans.Now the problem is the crossmember is not the correct one ffrom the 98 so what do I get one out of?Also The auto shifter will not bolt down in the 2000 it sits up higher and think the trans tunnel is different from 1998 to 2000 so what shifter do I need to get?Please really need advice.Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I bought this 2000 gt that was stripped with no wires in it just a k member and rear end.No I bought a 1998 mustang gt with a auto complete car.I installed all the wires and dash, heater box, all brake and fuel lines engine trans.Now the problem is the crossmember is not the correct one ffrom the 98 so what do I get one out of?Also The auto shifter will not bolt down in the 2000 it sits up higher and think the trans tunnel is different from 1998 to 2000 so what shifter do I need to get?Please really need advice.Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you need something like this:

1999-04 Mustang Transmission Mount & Crossmember by Ford at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

On the trans tunnel, was the 2000 originally a manual tranasmission car? If so, there is your difference. You can swap the tunnel area.