Please help

Kkirksey5

Mar 16, 2019
Alabama
Hey guys I’m new to this but I know someone here can help my I just got a 3.8 v6 2000 convertible mustang basically for free so I decided to keep if as a project car but my question is what is the easiest motor and transmission swap I can do. And I do want to swap it to manual

• Sponsors (?)

In a world of aftermarket K members and standalone computer systems. Any engine swap you want is possible.
Or, you could find a wrecked 2000 ish GT and harvest all the wiring,drivetrain etc from it

At the risk of stating the obvious, the "easiest" motor swap is to use the same motor type that the car originally came with. This avoids re-engineering the car.

The next easiest is to keep the V6 and swap the automatic for a manual. Plenty of people have done that. In fact there are "kits" available to help.

Reactions: 1 user
I think to run a mod motor-you would have to change the K member. A push rod motor(5.0) would bolt in (I believe) to run the fuel injection,gauges etc you will need the harness and computer for either power plant. Kinda why I recommend finding a smashed up donor car to rob