• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

Please help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ryry.
  • Start date Start date Dec 23, 2022
R

ryry.

New Member
Oct 15, 2022
1
0
1
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Dec 23, 2022
#1
  • Dec 23, 2022
  • #1
I have a 2006 Mustang GT that I just bought with a CAI on it already. Roughs a little rough mostly just feels like its bogging down and then super rough at really random times. Cant seem to figure out what it is yet. Any ideas?
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,048
10,672
213
polk county florida
Dec 23, 2022
#2
  • Dec 23, 2022
  • #2
Moved to the S197 forums for some tips, welcome to stangnet
 

Potomus Pete

I'm still waiting for the fully nude shots
5 Year Member
Mar 7, 2019
3,343
1,243
153
Sarasota Florida
Dec 24, 2022
#3
  • Dec 24, 2022
  • #3
Go buy a cheap code reader from Amazon/autoparts store. Is your check engine light on.
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,048
10,672
213
polk county florida
Dec 24, 2022
#4
  • Dec 24, 2022
  • #4
Put the old stock parts back on and if it runs better, you may be missing something with the new stuff.
But yeah, have it checked for codes too.
 
M

MikeDS

Member
Jan 28, 2023
7
2
13
Jan 28, 2023
#5
  • Jan 28, 2023
  • #5
ryry. said:
I have a 2006 Mustang GT that I just bought with a CAI on it already. Roughs a little rough mostly just feels like its bogging down and then super rough at really random times. Cant seem to figure out what it is yet. Any ideas?
Click to expand...
Hey!

Just for the sake of ruling out something simple...I recently had to take off my CAI to get to an idler pulley and when I put it back on I apparently didn't seat the filter just right and there was an air gap at the bottom I didn't see. When I ran the car for the first time it ran fine, but then did a 180 and started running like crap and went into limp mode (wrench icon on the dash) and threw a few codes....while I currently don't recall what codes were specifically, I do know that it said something like Mass air flow sensor experiencing turbulent air (P061B might be the code)....Anyway, check all intake boots, clamps etc for a good seal. And if you are taking everything off for any reason, consider cleaning the MAF sensor (CRC makes it). Hope this helps!
 
Reactions: General karthief
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
Lack of power on acceleration
  • jameshernandez
  • Aug 30, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
154
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 6, 2026
jameshernandez
J
I
98 Mustang GT dying
  • ItsMason
  • May 14, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
191
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 25, 2026
lenzgt
L
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
393
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
209
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
L
Help with 1986 GT 5 Speed Please
  • Lcasada1999
  • Mar 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
319
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 21, 2026
CAMTWO1070
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?