Please Post Your Gas Mileage

• Sponsors (?)

got a gt 5-speed manual: 19-20 in town with a heavy foot at the lights, 25 on my only road trip---1100 miles (it only had 1000 on it before i did that)

best I have got is 23 and only one time. this past tank I kept it at 75 on the interstate and got 22mpg. 90% of my driving is the 60 mile trip to work and back on the interstate. I have a manual tranny btw. have over 5k miles on her.

Reactions: 1 user
You guys are going to say I'm full of it but I'll remind you I drive for a living and fuel mileage is a big deal when you drive a semi-truck that gets 6 to 7 MPG. I average about 21 MPG in my 5spd GT but I left home one day during a pretty good rain storm and drove 186 miles. I kept my speed below 60 the entire trip and took it real easy on the throttle. My mileage came out 30.7 MPG when I pulled into Oklahoma City. I suspect that's about as good as it's ever going to get.

Reactions: 1 user
I believe it. My F150 can vary from a low of 11-12 to a high of 16 depending on speed. The 16 was driving around 65, get to 75 and see the 11-12. Guess they knew what they were doing with the 55 on the interstate.

jlisle01 said:
You guys are going to say I'm full of it but I'll remind you I drive for a living and fuel mileage is a big deal when you drive a semi-truck that gets 6 to 7 MPG. I average about 21 MPG in my 5spd GT but I left home one day during a pretty good rain storm and drove 186 miles. I kept my speed below 60 the entire trip and took it real easy on the throttle. My mileage came out 30.7 MPG when I pulled into Oklahoma City. I suspect that's about as good as it's ever going to get.

That IS hard to believe, but it must be possible. I wonder if it could happen in an auto? Actually, even averaging 21 MPG seems pretty good! Thanks again for all the input guys! :)

i've had my mustang for 2 weeks now. i started with 14 miles and now i have 3100. for city i averaged 14 mpg. on my 600 mile road trip each way i got 26 mpg. i have a 5 speed gt with bassani off road x-pipe and flowmasters.

GT manual (vert) 16.4mpg mostly city driving with about 1900miles on the OD.

With no real change in driving it has come up from about 15.4mpg only a few hundred miles ago so there is probably some engine break-in going on.......