Please Post Your Gas Mileage

2006 GT Manual, 16ish mpg city/highway at 65mph I get 28-31mpg depending on which way the wind is blowing/interstate at 80mph I get 23mpg. Cant complain although that is with mostly airflow mods and I only have 313.33 rwhp.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

You guys are going to say I'm full of it but I'll remind you I drive for a living and fuel mileage is a big deal when you drive a semi-truck that gets 6 to 7 MPG. I average about 21 MPG in my 5spd GT but I left home one day during a pretty good rain storm and drove 186 miles. I kept my speed below 60 the entire trip and took it real easy on the throttle. My mileage came out 30.7 MPG when I pulled into Oklahoma City. I suspect that's about as good as it's ever going to get.

That's pretty good :nice: , but I'm betting you can do some bit better out there in Oklahoma .... :cool:
.... maybe you can try it on a clearer, more dry day :) , when you aren't pushing water out from under the tires? :rolleyes:

I did my 5k first oil change a few weeks back. My "Trip 2" I never reset from when I bought it new, so it accounts for all 5k miles, and it's about 23.9 mpg. Had some really bad gas mileage that first 1k miles. I normally get about 24.5-25 mpg average now depending on how aggressive I drive. Mostly highway miles going to work everyday, 40 mile round trip, through about 40 stop lights round trip. Usually stop for about 10 on average, round trip.

2013 GT 6 speed and I'm getting 16 right now because I drive 3.5 miles to work on city streets. Even when doing the occasional freeway drive it really doesn't go up unless its a long drive. On the long freeway drive back from the dealer I was getting 27 though so there is hope.

2012 GT 6 speed and don't know what rear end yet. Just one trip so far. Drove from Vernal Ut to Rock Springs WY and averaged 20 mpg. I wasn't driving like a looney but I wasn't exactly driving for economy either.

Drive more uphill than down over two mountain passes. Started at 5,300' and ended at 6,400'.

I'd say not bad, better than my F-150 ecoboost gets on the same drive. I have a lot of junk in the toolbox on the pickup, and slightly bigger tires but I'd of never thunk it.

2012 GT 6 speed and don't know what rear end yet. Just one trip so far. Drove from Vernal Ut to Rock Springs WY and averaged 20 mpg. I wasn't driving like a looney but I wasn't exactly driving for economy either.

Drive more uphill than down over two mountain passes. Started at 5,300' and ended at 6,400'.

I'd say not bad, better than my F-150 ecoboost gets on the same drive. I have a lot of junk in the toolbox on the pickup, and slightly bigger tires but I'd of never thunk it.
Not bad, I have the 4.6L and it responded beautifully to airflow mods (CAI, long tube headers, x-pipe w/high flow cats, and straight flow mufflers) originally got 15/21 and after mods I get 18/29. I'm sure the 5.0 responds the same, go for it when you get the money!

When I sold my 2005GT I was routinely getting 21/22 during summer and 23/24 MPG in winter. Had aftermarket exhaust from heads to tips, a CAI, and custom tune on the chip, always ran full synthetic oil, but that high mileage on my commute involved 80-90MPH daily so I was not trying to max MPG anything.

I sold the V8 Stang for a turbo-I6 (German import) and my mileage is 1 or 2 MPG better but I have to use premium fuel, so it costs significantly more per mile than the old horse.

2014 GT with 3:73 gears.

Averaging 16.5 to 20.5 depending on how I drive.

Surprisingly I get better gas mileage in the city than the highway. I attribute this to a lower cruising RPM in the city in 6th than on the highway in 6th.

I've left my main fuel economy thing alone and haven't reset it for over 1,000 miles. It sits at 24.7 mpg now and almost never moves. I sometimes get it to go 24.8 but then I soon drop it back down. :)

5.0 GT Manual, 90% of my driving is a 40 mile round trip to work, mostly highway driving.

EDIT, picture i took 5-13-14. The warm summer air is increasing my average.

mileage.jpg

Last edited:
For the last more than 1000 miles I've been able to stay above 27mpg on each tank in my 06 GT Manual. School is about to start which means more traffic. We will see what that does to the mpg. I drive close to 500 miles a week about 85% highway. Car only has off road exhaust and boom tubes.