Please Post Your Gas Mileage

• Sponsors (?)

13 gt with 6spd auto.when I first got her I was getting 20 mpg in the city. Now that the computer is "broke in" and have added flowmaster series 40 and REALLY ENJOY the power. I am getting 17.2 in city. 93 octane fuel. This also includes a couple of days playing at the drag strip

Reactions: 1 user
13 gt with 6spd auto.when I first got her I was getting 20 mpg in the city. Now that the computer is "broke in" and have added flowmaster series 40 and REALLY ENJOY the power. I am getting 17.2 in city. 93 octane fuel. This also includes a couple of days playing at the drag strip

My latest updates, over the last 3,000 miles (12,000 on car so far) I'm averaging 25.2mpg with on board calculations on Trip 1.

On Trip 2, I have never reset it, so it calculates back to mile 0 from the factory at 24.6mpg.

Occasionally I track my fill-ups and log them into fuelly. I'm getting pretty close to the on board readings.

217489.png

Best fill-up was 25.5mpg!

http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/mustang/2013/ofivestang/217489

-

Attachments

• 217489.png
    217489.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 316
20.49 mixed driving in my first full tank in my 2009 GT/CS, and I wasn't even nice to it, and I was running 87 octane. I'm impressed, my 2010 GT would usually get about 18-19 under those circumstances. The other night heading back from Bastrop on the toll road in Texas with the cruise set at 80 I was averaging 26.6mpg with the A/C, headlights, and radio all going. Amazing for such a big and powerful car at such high speeds.

You guys are going to say I'm full of it but I'll remind you I drive for a living and fuel mileage is a big deal when you drive a semi-truck that gets 6 to 7 MPG. I average about 21 MPG in my 5spd GT but I left home one day during a pretty good rain storm and drove 186 miles. I kept my speed below 60 the entire trip and took it real easy on the throttle. My mileage came out 30.7 MPG when I pulled into Oklahoma City. I suspect that's about as good as it's ever going to get.

That's pretty good, I avg 24 mpg at 80 mph in my 12 GT...the best I have gotten was 31.5 cruising Yellowstone Park at around 50 mph

2008 GT CS Convertible (stock).......After driving appx 1000 mile round trip to Columbia SC and back to the Nashville area we averaged 24.3 MPG. However since that trip depending on the foot/speed your mileage will vary. The harder you start and the faster you drive the lower you MPG will be. Around town mine drops down to the high teens 18-19 range but a road trip will bring it back up. Best of luck getting mileage. Didn't buy it to :taco:foot around in... If you want MPGs get a Prius......

Mine has over 100,000 miles on it now but I seem to get better mileage with the 89 octane or mid grade vs the reg 87 octane or the premium grade (here in Tennessee) of 91 octane. I do see 93 octane available at some stations for an additional fee of course. If I where racing the car then I would re-tune her to burn the 93 octane but until then Ill stay with the mid grade...

Started off around 21 mpg stock.
Then went up to 23 mpg after I did the Boss 302 intake change with off road tune (ran a little lean). Then added off road exhaust with off road tune, now 19 mpg (running a little rich).
All with 3.55 gear set and manual transmission, always 92 or 93 octane gas.

2006 v6 routinely had 36-38mpg.
trip from Columbus Ohio to Indianapolis was at 51mpg
so...I totally wasn't lying with that. I babied my '06 like crazy and I took fairly frequent long trips. I got really, really good at drafting behind semis while riding the clutch and getting 4 or 5 miles with the engine spinning free before I would have to engage the gears again. I drove over to Indy for the 500 in 2009(..it was '08 or '09) and I got behind a convoy of trucks and drafted my blocker at 75mph for 150 miles. It really did get 51mpg.

...that was all before some decrepit old diabetic moonbat killed my car driving the wrong way across a solid yellow on the main blvd through town and hit me head-on while I was sitting at a light. I just couldn't see my car get chopped up for parts or crushed so I bought it back on salvage. She hit me with a 1998 Blazer at about 45mph and I was going 0. The 'tricky' thing that saved the car was that in the final moment before impact when I realized that she wasn't just some kid trying to cut past traffic but was *really* going to hit me, I instinctively pulled my foot off the brake and clutched so most of the energy went into my suspension and rolled me backwards. I slammed the brakes on and stopped both of us, but the car had already absorbed the brunt of the crash. She crushed the front fascia, crumpled the hood in and it buckled up and wrenched the hinges, she got into the radiator and it was shredded, wrenched in the crumple zones at the front corners, beat the core support beyond recognition, and I pretty much blew the brakes stopping both of us. But other than that, the rest of the car was saved. If my stupid airbag hadn't gone off, I wouldn't have even had a scratch on me. So I got a donor front end that had been chopped from a convertible that had been T-boned behind the A-Pillar and spliced it in at the core support, used its radiator, its hood, and its fenders. But, it'll be pretty close to roadworthy once I can get the front glass replaced (the hood sailed on me when I was towing it...there was nothing left to bungee it down to!!!!) and get the airbag repacked. I take it out on the road about once a week to keep the wheels moving and trying to burn through all the 5 year old gas that I've had sitting in it.

At any rate, 3. My mpg right now is 3. I had never launched the thing in the entire time I'd owned it and I'm driving it like I stole it and the cops are chasing me.