plz help about SHORT SHIFTER

red strip

Apr 16, 2010
Hi,

plz I'm convuzd about short shifter..

I had 05 GT with long tube Headrs,Exhust and Intake filter.

some of my frnd advies me to not install short shifter..

he said u need more HP to fix shifter..

Is that correct..?

and can I use shifter to protect my GEARBOX..?

last Q. what the best kind and prand I can use..?

I hope u can answer and help as u can..

• Sponsors (?)

When I had gone to the drag strip for the first time I had trouble with third gear. Reading up on the posts here about the issue going to a short throw shifter fixed it. So I went with the Hurst shifter. I uses no more or less horse power. The geometry is different and bushing is improved and this improves the shifting. It becomes quicker and more precise. I have yet to do a CAI and tuner but have a short throw shifter. Food for thought.

u mean go a head and fix short shifter..?

what brand u can advice me to fix..?

did u here about MGW short shifter..?

short shefter could protect ur gearbox from hard shifting and hard use..?

MGW is usually considered the best shifter out there. I believe the MGW has adjustable stops to prevent damage to the shift forks. I would probably use their shifter if I was to start over, but I do like the Roush shifter I have, even though it is notchy.

hurst is junk

I've had a junky Hurst since 7/7 and it doesn't vibrate, hang up, or rattle. I push/pull pretty hard at times and it hasn't even come loose like many say.
I'm sure there are better ones but the Hurst is not junk-not mine anyway. Besides, I like old school look - not the euro touro look. It was a major improvement over stock. Buy the best u can get and u shouldn't go wrong. There was no Almighty MGW when I bought mine. If I had to replace it, I would consider one, or not. If u plan to race frequently then spend the money for a shifter with stops, or put in a built auto and converter.
:D