Poly front spring isolators

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2002
Broke
The roads up here in MA are awful. I'm really worried about scraping my new nose. The car has a slight forward rake, so I'd like to try and raise the front by 1/2" without buying new springs. Who has experience with polyurethane isolators or has any idea which brands are thick enough to make any difference.:shrug:

I actually have to go see whether I have any isolators in there right now... I hope not because then I'll definitely gain a little height at the nose.

• Sponsors (?)

The poly isolators will give you a slight height adjustment over stock isos's, but more like 1/4" definitely not 1/2". I installed them in my GT, and they did slightly raise my car, which I'm not too crazy about but that would work for you. If you don't have iso's, then you will definitely gain 1/2" with poly iso's. I know some companies also sell shims to install in the oso's to give you a little extra height but I can't recall which one.

The poly isolators will give you a slight height adjustment over stock isos's, but more like 1/4" definitely not 1/2". I installed them in my GT, and they did slightly raise my car, which I'm not too crazy about but that would work for you. If you don't have iso's, then you will definitely gain 1/2" with poly iso's. I know some companies also sell shims to install in the oso's to give you a little extra height but I can't recall which one.

What brand iso's did you get?

Thanks for the help,

D