pondering selling this fall

I still have the offer of 6k available but I’m trying a go on Craigslist

• Sponsors (?)

No desire to try the FB marketplace? More exposure if you don’t mind with the jerks who have no intention of buying but will pick the car apart to justify their own reasons.

Thanks for the encouragement. It's on wifes FB marketplace too. I ditched FB years ago.

So far, two $5k low ballers, two trade offers, one a big ole Caddy and the other a pretty nice looking bike. Passed on all and holding out.

Reactions: 1 user
It's weird you know. Wifes marketplace on FB is blowing up with inquires. She then directs them to the Craigslist add where they can get more details and use the reply button to email me for further interaction. She has given the add link to probably 15 people at least. Not one has come through on my response email.

I'm certainly willing to answer any questions anyone has. However, I did do that extensive description in the add so people would have a good base of knowledge before calling. I want people to read that add before I spend time on the phone with them. And there's no way in hell I'm posting my cell number on any internet add. Contact through the link first and from there I'll share phone number.

Am I being reasonable? Are there this many people that inquire and are not really serious buyers? It's only been a day and a half since posting the add. We have more trade offers, Corvettes and motorcycles.....pass. A serious cash offer has been made and we'll see if that pans out.

That's just how FB is with regards to sales. 90% are tire kickers who really have no intention of buying the item and are just feeling things out.

I've sold some things on there. Never a car though. I sold a set of GT40P heads that I originally listed at $100. TONS of inquiries and then get ghosted. A few guys message me on a Tue and ask to hold them to Sat. Sat comes around and they are nowhere to be found nor returning messages. This goes on for weeks and weeks. I get sick of it and list the heads for $40 and still get folks playing games. Nobody just "shows up and buys it"

Hate to say it but this is why i mostly use ebay. Yeah the fees suck but I don't have to talk to anyone or deal with BS.

Here’s an interesting tidbit. This car has had a history of transformation from stock to modded and reversion. On my wife’s FB one of the previous owners messaged her with a pic of when he owned it. We were told it once had a turbo. Here it is at another previous state of being.

D959426A-B075-4794-970F-39218F81D419.jpeg

Unfortunately not many. Lots of folks have a taboo against AODs and convertibles so your buyer pool is much less than if it was something like a 5-spd notch.
It seems like a convertible owner would be more interested in easy cruising and parades than a solid roof owner might be. It sounds marketable to me.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I’ve been watching the eBay auctions and cars with 25k buy it now are not hitting reserves. These are cars that have a bunch of money in them. Highest bids are way less than what you might expect and the auctions are closing as reserve not met. This market is pulled back now.

As for my vert, it’s “sold” to the local guy for 6k cash. No fuss or hassle. Considering the overall status of this car, those of you who think I gave it away are behind the current market curve. A year ago, probably $7500 in a heartbeat. Not today though. Lots of interest but nobody stepping up with money. It is what it is

I’m getting back every dollar I spent on the car including all the beer I drank while enjoying myself fixing it up. Nothing for my labor but it’s just a hobby.

One of the 25k buy it now auctions only reached $9100. No crazy money now. We had tons of trade offers. That’s because people can’t get what they want for their stuff either.