popping noise

harrisonfiveo

Dec 18, 2005
hey guys, i've got a 95 gt, alot of engine mods...got a popping noise coming from the front of the car, sounds like mainly from the pass. side of the car when coming to a stop. At a stop i can depress the brake to the floor and it doesnt make the sound or when its not in gear you can depress the brake pedal and no noise, just coming to a slow steady stop...i've replaced the struts, and lower balljoints and the noise is still there...i dont think its in the calipers but who knows....i certainly appreciate any advice guys...

• Sponsors (?)

Did you take a look at the end links' tension? Mine loosen up and start clunking when the suspension is loaded or unloaded.

Once the caliper loads up as you slow, it should not clunk IMHO. But as you have been, be diligent about figuring it out, as all that stuff is pretty serious.

Good luck - and welcome to the boards!

appreciate it guys, ill look into the sway bar end links....might just replace all the sway bar bushings as well...its annoying the piss out of me...let me tell yall, i just put the e-303 cam in and man what an improvement! I already had
GT40-p heads, 1.6 roller rockers, trick flow upper and lower intake, bbk cold air...car feels strong. just got to get rid of that popping noise.