Porting Track Heat Intake- 1262 Port Too Much

vpap1

Sep 21, 2009
Currently have track heat intake, stock box tw heads 170cc, xfi 236 cam, headers and full exhaust 347 10:1

would porting the lower intake to a 1262 gasket, and the intake and exhaust ports on the heads to the same gasket be too much for my street combo

so i guess the question is, is a 1262 gasket overkill for a gasket match and blend for a street combo?

make about 369 to the wheels at 5600 rpm and a good amount of tq- which i dont want to loose alot of tq or gain too much rpm-

i do see track time but its a street car through and through

your thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

?? I'm kind of lost in your question. Can you port match your heads to the gaskets? Yes. Will it hurt performance? No. It's not going to drastically change your powerband at all. It is possible you could loose a tiny bit down low but it will be negligible.

You're talking about a considerable expense to do what you are talking about. Gasket matching is one thing but fully porting is quite another...
The intake that you currently run is matched to the 170 heads already, changing the gasket and hogging these heads out isn't the way to go. If you want to properly port the heads and intake that would be quite a different discussion, never have I heard my cylinder head guy ( Slawko Race Heads ) design a port job around a set of gaskets, it is always the other way. Sure, porting the heads and intake can make a considerable amount of power but get your wallet out because you'll be spending far more than $1,000 to start if you want it done right. For that matter, do the research and have a reputable shop with a flow bench do the work. A die grinder over a trash can in the garage is a recipe for disaster here