Portland help needed, not car related...

jdium

Mar 3, 2007
Hillsboro
My girlfriend and I have been living in Portland (Hillsboro) for about 4 months now. But we have been both working hard hours at new jobs, so we havn't seen the town much. I need recommendations on where/what to see/visit. I'm supposed to find a good walk/hike for us for Sunday afternoon. Can't do waterfront park, because of the Jazz fest...

I need some suggestions...What is essential to see/do/be/have as a Portland resident?

Thanks, Justin

• Sponsors (?)

Take 84 East and head out to the gorge. It's about an hour east of where you are but it's nice. There are tons of trails to hike around pony tail falls, multnomah falls, ect.

Thanks. I've thought about Multnomah, but was looking for something less "touristy", if you know what I mean. If it helps, I grew up in Eastern Oregon, and she's from South West Oregon, so we know our what around Oregon. Just looking for local haunts, ideas, etc...

Well, for outdoorsy stuff, there's Bald Peak - you can get a really fantastic view of the valley from up there. It's a nice drive to get there to boot, but it's not the rush of Germantown ;)

Do a search on Silver Falls, she'll like it. Where else can you walk behind a waterfall?:nice:

Nate

Attachments

• silverfalls2.jpg
    silverfalls2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 47
Thanks to all. Headed to Forest Park last weekend...gas light came on, ended up strolling around 23rd (I think, lots of yuppy/hippy shops, cool area...) Then ended up at the Murdoc mansion, not sure if that's what it was called, but cool hiking, incredible view...gotta go back for the picture opportunity. That whole forrest park/skyline/germantown drive was great...gonna try out the gf's prelude on it next time :D

Silver Falls will be in the near future. Water falls are "fun" places, ifn you catchin my drift :nice:

Been to the zoo...

More suggestions welcome