Possible new Caliper option?

• Sponsors (?)

Without having info like the caliper offset, or the bolt spacing of the mounting lugs or the height above the mounting bolts, it's difficult to say. Lots of legwork needs to be done.

then you need to know the piston sizes, what size rotor you’ll be using, calculate out the brake torque, MC diameter needed and most importantly the bias.

just easier to slap 94-04 cobra brakes on and call it a day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
'cause Hot Rodding?
I have had this reason many times.

I will make the assumption the OP has decided or knows if they want (for hot rodding) or need dual piston, 4 or 6 piston brakes (for performance reasons).

After knowing that, the first question I have is what size rotor is the OP looking to use? This can determine where to look for calipers as you want to source some that were used with the same size range of rotor.

As far as fitting to car. There is ALOT of flexibility here as adapter brackets can be made (depending on caliper and spindle).

Lots of options and many inexpensive too.

• Useful
I was just curious since newer parts on older car for better performance=good.

Current setup is 93 cobra master/booster, sn95 spindles with ats brembos up front and cobra rear calipers with the wilwood bias adjuster.

so I don’t think I can go much more…

Current setup is 93 cobra master/booster, sn95 spindles with ats brembos up front and cobra rear calipers with the wilwood bias adjuster.

I think I’d probably just leave well enough alone.

I doubt you’d notice that extra 3mm of piston diameter increase with the Colorado brakes.

You asked the original question. What was your motivation to change from ATS Brembo to Colorado calipers?

To be different. And maybe give more options to people. At some point someone had the same idea when they looked at the ats caliper
The Cadillac brake system on a fox isn’t that common to motivate going through all of the hassle and research to fit something unknown in place of what you already have. It gets to a point on these cars where changing stuff for the sake of changing stuff has to have a purpose or benefit other than to be “different”. Otherwise, it’s just a lot of effort and spending money for the sake of wasting time and spending money.

Ask me how I know this.

• Haha
The Cadillac brake system on a fox isn’t that common to motivate going through all of the hassle and research to fit something unknown in place of what you already have. It gets to a point on these cars where changing stuff for the sake of changing stuff has to have a purpose or benefit other than to be “different”. Otherwise, it’s just a lot of effort and spending money for the sake of wasting time and spending money.

Ask me how I know this.
Amen