Post pics of how your foxbody currently sits

Did the cats take away the stink. I assume you had none
I did not have cats installed prior. It stunk pretty bad even though my wideband showed decent numbers. After installing the cats, the stink is gone. It has a little stink on startup and a little during warm up. After it’s driven for a bit to heat things up, virtually no stink.

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I did not have cats installed prior. It stunk pretty bad even though my wideband showed decent numbers. After installing the cats, the stink is gone. It has a little stink on startup and a little during warm up. After it’s driven for a bit to heat things up, virtually no stink.
Curious how long the cats last with the blower and spirited driving .

Stopped at local cars and coffee yesterday was packed by the time I left . Perfect weather
IMG_4094.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
Curious how long the cats last with the blower and spirited driving .
That’s a good point. Excessive heat is what usually kills a cat with ceramic substrate. With these being further back they my be able to last long without being subjected to excessive heat.

The blower is not currently online. I’m running na at the time being. I need to retune before putting the belt back on.

At 59 years old my incidence of spirited driving is not completely gone but it’s surely reduced. I enjoy it as much as ever but I now think I’m acute to avoiding the negative aspects of it. Things like wrecking, breaking the car mechanically and getting in trouble with the law. Younger guys don’t think about those things as much, I guess

Reactions: 1 users
A couple years ago we were all fixing, and racing around in our cars. Now they are all just sitting there for the most part. Will there come a time when they will all be up.
You’re right…… a while ago, a bunch of us had projects going on all at the same time….. now it kinda quiet for anything major going on. Mines running, but I wish I could do more. Expendable cash started to get smaller once my daughter hit college. Lol

You have a build thread on the Jeep in the “other cars” section?

I feel guilty that mine sits. I think I did a solid 10 miles this summer. I think i just have too much blood (literally) sweat and tears into it to enjoy it comfortably without worrying about it.

I've put a solid 200 miles on the SN95 since buying it. I don't care about that car at all and yet it's so fun to drive (although slow).

I feel guilty that mine sits. I think I did a solid 10 miles this summer. I think i just have too much blood (literally) sweat and tears into it to enjoy it comfortably without worrying about it.

I've put a solid 200 miles on the SN95 since buying it. I don't care about that car at all and yet it's so fun to drive (although slow).
I’ve told my wife I need one to work on, and one to drive…… she laughs!!

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users

Which car seems faster SN or Fox

Had a strange experience many years ago about " feels fast" with some Quads ..
Friends son had a Banshee, my friend and I both had single cylinder 4 strokes...
We would trade rides occasionally and the Banshee felt Much faster....
We raced once and the banshee was no faster than our bikes..
I Had a Suzuki 450 ( I think) and my friend had a Yamaha 660?? Can't remember its been so long ago....
Just sayin......

Reactions: 1 user
Which car seems faster SN or Fox

SN95 feels quick but it’s no speed demon. Rides nice though even being a flimsy vert. But it’s fast enough to have fun with, especially being a 5-spd vert (which seems in uncommon as I look around at other SN verts)

Fox does everything better. Accelerate, brake, steering feel. Gets more attention too.

Reactions: 1 user
SN95 feels quick but it’s no speed demon. Rides nice though even being a flimsy vert. But it’s fast enough to have fun with, especially being a 5-spd vert (which seems in uncommon as I look around at other SN verts)

Fox does everything better. Accelerate, brake, steering feel. Gets more attention too.
For sure…… the Fox has a “that’s an older car” look. The newer ones just blend in a little more.

I think i just have too much blood (literally) sweat and tears into it to enjoy it comfortably without worrying about it.

I totally get it. Although mine is a different story. It's original paint and interior, far from perfect but pretty nice. Nice enough to turn heads and give me that show off feeling. Not too nice to enjoy it without worrying about an occasional gravel road or big bird crap on the hood. It's a true 20 footer! The Vette is nicer, especially the exterior. The Vette is (hers), and it pisses her off that the Foxbody gets more attention. I think its funny

Yeah, I still hop in here and see what’s up, but I don’t think I drove my car at all this summer. Except in and out of the garage to do house things.

A couple years ago we were all fixing, and racing around in our cars. Now they are all just sitting there for the most part. Will there come a time when they will all be up.
You know me Pete, never kept my baby down for long. We've been doing daily driver duty 16 years and I have no intent on stopping now.
she still passes smog yearly and hits 75/80 mph five days a week. (310,000 miles) God knows I love this car, and I'm blessed to drive her.