Post pics of how your foxbody currently sits

IMG_4551.jpeg

Today was an epic day.

The young lady behind the wheel, after she successfully learned to drive a car with a manual transmission, is the daughter of Capt. Ron, the previous owner of the car. I have no words for the emotions. We were both pretty moved by the experience.

Also, that’s 3 young people I have taught to drive a manual car in under a year! I don’t know why, but that makes me happy!

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 8 users
  • Sponsors (?)

IMG_4551.jpeg

Today was an epic day.

The young lady behind the wheel, after she successfully learned to drive a car with a manual transmission, is the daughter of Capt. Ron, the previous owner of the car. I have no words for the emotions. We were both pretty moved by the experience.

Also, that’s 3 young people I have taught to drive a manual car in under a year! I don’t know why, but that makes me happy!

Does she have any idea what she's driving or does she think they all rolled off the assembly line that good? LoL

Reactions: 1 users
At 39 I re entered the dating pool after a divorce...... I had a Merkur XR4Ti 5 speed beater car that alot of the women I " dated " all wanted to drive... I was surprised at how many could drive a manual and drive it fairly well.....
Most told me their fathers had taught them how to drive a manual as their first driver when learning to drive.. I have always deduced that it was a man preventing their daughters from getting stuck in a ' caulk or walk" situation.....
Read it a while back that a manual transmission is the best theft deterent for a car there is.....

Reactions: 1 user
Does she have any idea what she's driving or does she think they all rolled off the assembly line that good? LoL
She is aware of how much work has gone into the car. She was terrified to drive it at first, but she relaxed pretty quickly.
At 39 I re entered the dating pool after a divorce...... I had a Merkur XR4Ti 5 speed beater car that alot of the women I " dated " all wanted to drive... I was surprised at how many could drive a manual and drive it fairly well.....
Most told me their fathers had taught them how to drive a manual as their first driver when learning to drive.. I have always deduced that it was a man preventing their daughters from getting stuck in a ' caulk or walk" situation.....
Read it a while back that a manual transmission is the best theft deterent for a car there is.....
When I was sitting thinking about it, that’s 3 people that will be here long after I’m gone that will be telling someone not even born yet about how I taught them to drive a car with a manual.

Only 2.4% of new cars have a manual. Less and less people know how to drive them and that is just crazy to me. I get why they’re not fun all the time, but there is something so cathartic about rowing the gears on an open road. This car, especially with its lack of hydraulic assistance in the clutch pedal. All three young drivers felt the same way after they got comfortable. So that is a universal truth that spans generations.

Doing the Lord’s work here people.

Lololololol

Reactions: 5 users
As some cars are available in both automatic and manual transmissions, sometimes the automatic in those cars was designed poorly and was a POS in its own right. In that case, not only is there a link to fun driving as a decision maker for the manual , but because the other option is just a pile of crap, even on its best day.

A few years ago I was going to buy a new mustang GT vert.... I don't think I ever saw a manual in any car lot.. I found one online at an Orlando dealer ( I live west of there towards Tampa )_ and I drove over to look at it.... Couldn't find it, got a salesman involved and it turned out to be a customer ordered car that was long gone....

This is my '85.

It's got 4 lug '93 Cobra repops with 245/45/17 Nitto 555's, T-Bird/'93 Cobra rear calipers on NRC brackets, Tokico Blues front and rear along with Tokico springs, new OE style upper control arm bushings in the diff, MM Heavy Duty lowers and a set of take off factory style uppers I've had around for years. In the front I did new factory style A arms, swapped to aero 73mm calipers and slotted rotors, adj prop valve, Ranchero MC, gutted stock prop valve, MM bump steer kit, added MM CC plates and put on a 03 Cobra rack with the MM steering shaft. Also has MM full length subframes and Stifflers jacking rails. Next up is a 13" 4 lug kit with early style PBR Cobra calipers from FoxbodyBrakes.com.

Some other details are that I did "almost full exhaust" by swapping the DS header for a stock 86 and up piece, Dynomax X Pipe and Dynomax 2 1/2" cat back with welded mufflers. I've got some JBA shorty's, a set of FMS X307s w/56 cc chambers, a TF Stage 1 cam, Quick Fuel 650 4150 style carb w/annular boosters and a Weiand 7515 that need to get on there.

Inside I did a Dakota Digital cluster. Everything else is pretty stock for now. I've got SVO style seat foam and TMI covers with the double stitch which should spruce things up a bit more.

Sorry if I went into a little too much detail for this thread. I was on a roll so I just kept going... lol

wheels on my car.jpg

IMG_0700.JPG
IMG_0705.JPG

• Love
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 11 users
I like it too. They seem to work well and they they are pretty sharp yet subtle..

If LMR would do for 4-eyed cars what they did for Aero style cars w/Dakota Digital I would have bought that instead. The stock style clusters they did for both Aero style clusters are really nice looking. Even more expensive than this but I think it would be worth it.

How mine sat before I dropped it off at Blow By Racing earlier this year for a full drivetrain replacement. Had a Trick Flow HCI and Vortech, stock bottom end, stock T5. One of the pistons had bad compression and the trans was whiny. Figured rather than rebuild it as a 302 or stroke it on the stock block, I might as well do something that can make and safely handle more power than the stock block and T5. Should have it back any day now, with a Dart block 347 (HCI and Vortech carried over) and Tremec TKX. BBR is still working out some tuning bugs, but even without being able to use full RPM range and full boost, it already put down over 550 HP. Can’t wait to get it back on the road.

Attachments

• IMG_8043.jpeg
    IMG_8043.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
Reactions: 1 users
This is my '85.

It's got 4 lug '93 Cobra repops with 245/45/17 Nitto 555's, T-Bird/'93 Cobra rear calipers on NRC brackets, Tokico Blues front and rear along with Tokico springs, new OE style upper control arm bushings in the diff, MM Heavy Duty lowers and a set of take off factory style uppers I've had around for years. In the front I did new factory style A arms, swapped to aero 73mm calipers and slotted rotors, adj prop valve, Ranchero MC, gutted stock prop valve, MM bump steer kit, added MM CC plates and put on a 03 Cobra rack with the MM steering shaft. Also has MM full length subframes and Stifflers jacking rails. Next up is a 13" 4 lug kit with early style PBR Cobra calipers from FoxbodyBrakes.com.

Some other details are that I did "almost full exhaust" by swapping the DS header for a stock 86 and up piece, Dynomax X Pipe and Dynomax 2 1/2" cat back with welded mufflers. I've got some JBA shorty's, a set of FMS X307s w/56 cc chambers, a TF Stage 1 cam, Quick Fuel 650 4150 style carb w/annular boosters and a Weiand 7515 that need to get on there.

Inside I did a Dakota Digital cluster. Everything else is pretty stock for now. I've got SVO style seat foam and TMI covers with the double stitch which should spruce things up a bit more.

Sorry if I went into a little too much detail for this thread. I was on a roll so I just kept going... lol

wheels on my car.jpg

IMG_0700.JPG
IMG_0705.JPG
That’s a beautiful car. Even though my ‘86 looks like ‘87 and up, my dash is ‘86, and I’d love to do that Dakota upgrade. Looks awesome man!!

That’s a beautiful car. Even though my ‘86 looks like ‘87 and up, my dash is ‘86, and I’d love to do that Dakota upgrade. Looks awesome man!!
Thanks for the kind words! I really like the cluster too. There's another company out there that make a pretty nice looking set up too. NVU. I almost went with their set up but I knew the DD name and had some prior experience with DD products. Below is one of NVU setups and a link to their 4 eyed options..

nvu dash.jpg

The text says 87-93 but the link goes to four eyed stuff.

I can't wait to do the next round of mods. I also want to add a '84 style hood scoop. At some point it will need paint too and I hope I can spend enough to do it right.

Bought the car 4 years ago from the original owner. 72k. This is after the 3rd time buffing it out. Man, that cladding on the GT really holds the dirt. That’s why I wanted an LX! Coming along, likely won’t ever be perfect, but it’s a good driver. Just did new clutch, main seal, flywheel and BBK X pipe and Varitune exhaust.
IMG_0088.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for the kind words! I really like the cluster too. There's another company out there that make a pretty nice looking set up too. NVU. I almost went with their set up but I knew the DD name and had some prior experience with DD products. Below is one of NVU setups and a link to their 4 eyed options..

nvu dash.jpg

The text says 87-93 but the link goes to four eyed stuff.

I can't wait to do the next round of mods. I also want to add a '84 style hood scoop. At some point it will need paint too and I hope I can spend enough to do it right.
What do you cover the R&L vents and the heater controls when using this dash?