Powdercoating SS bumper letters

I have a set of Scott Winger Stainless Steel bumper letters (excellant quality BTW) and was thinking of having them powdercoated gloss black before I install them. What do you think? I know nothing about powdercoating and will have it done by a pro. Is it possible to have these coated?? Would the powdercoating adhere properly? My GT is silver and I love the way black bumper letters look with my 35th honeycomb panel, but have gone through two sets of vinyl so I'm done with them. I bought the SS letters, but am just not convinced they'll look good on Silver.
Anyone try this?
WES

• Sponsors (?)

01PonyGT said:
I have a set of Scott Winger Stainless Steel bumper letters (excellant quality BTW) and was thinking of having them powdercoated gloss black before I install them. What do you think? I know nothing about powdercoating and will have it done by a pro. Is it possible to have these coated?? Would the powdercoating adhere properly? My GT is silver and I love the way black bumper letters look with my 35th honeycomb panel, but have gone through two sets of vinyl so I'm done with them. I bought the SS letters, but am just not convinced they'll look good on Silver.
Anyone try this?
WES

it would ahere properly if it was glass bead blasted, scuffed, cleaned..

i agree with you, powder coating them black and putting them on your silver would look awesome :nice: