Power seat problems

RYC CUKR

Founding Member
May 19, 2002
Orlando
The power seat in my 93 quit working. I finally got around to taking a look at it. Man what a pain it is to try and take a seat out that is adjust all the way back. It looks like one of the motors isn't working. Any one know of a way to replace the motors on a power seat track or do I need to get a whole new frame. I hope not cause those things are expensive. :( If I can get one out of a junkyard what years can I use? If worst comes to worst just might go with a manual set up.

Thanks for any input

• Sponsors (?)

yeah they are supposed to go up and down as well as front to back. I finally got the seat out and the wires are alright and the motor works fine but I think that one of the drive gear assemblies is stripped out. Unless I can get another power track at a reasonable price I am just gonna get some manual tracks and be done with it.

Yeah,

They were the first place that I looked at when it went out and its a little pricey for me. Gonna hit the junkyard tomorrow and see how much they want for a set of manual tracks. I guess I will drop a little more weight off the car.