Power Window Wiring

CFox

May 14, 2017
Hi All,

I bought a 1990 Foxbody hatchback. There are no door panels and the wiring harness for the power windows is missing. I am hoping someone has a wiring schematic to share so I can trace the wires from the fuse box through the doors by color.

I am most interested in knowing how folks have managed a workaround for this? I'm thinking of putting switches in the center console for the windows and would like to know what other folks have done.

Thank you

• Sponsors (?)

Hi,

I have the switches, but nothing to plug them into... There is a plug from the power window motor and that's it. I'm looking for a wiring schematic between the fuse block and the door wiring or feed back from someone with experience mounting the switches some where other than in the door panel.

Hi,

I have the switches, but nothing to plug them into... There is a plug from the power window motor and that's it. I'm looking for a wiring schematic between the fuse block and the door wiring or feed back from someone with experience mounting the switches some where other than in the door panel.

Standby, I'll dig one up for ya.

Reactions: 1 user
upload_2017-9-21_15-7-45.png

Thank you very much. 1 million. I guess I'm not alone? I really appreciate your help.
Your diagram will make tracing much easier. I'm getting too old to get my head under a dash for very long. Engine is done, moving on to the interior...
Engine_1200x900-six.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like a project. :nice:

If you plan to street drive that thing, please consider ditching the skinnies. Mustangs are nose heavy as eff. More than 3/4 of your braking is up-front. Stick those things in the garage until track day.

Reactions: 2 users
I got some door harnesses stashed if that will help, pm me if needed
I actually cleaned my garage recently so I can find crap
Maybe
Sometimes
At least a better chance

Is this a PM? I looked at all the help and got no help!

The door harnesses will let me use the door panels instead of some other method. Do you think they work for a 1990 foxbody?

Looks like a project. :nice:

If you plan to street drive that thing, please consider ditching the skinnies. Mustangs are nose heavy as eff. More than 3/4 of your braking is up-front. Stick those things in the garage until track day.
I am looking on replacements wheels. Do you think a 17 inch wheel will fit or should i stick with 15 inch?

Thank you

Is this a PM? I looked at all the help and got no help!

The door harnesses will let me use the door panels instead of some other method. Do you think they work for a 1990 foxbody?
I pm'd you. Look at your screen name in the right corner and you will see a number, hit that and a mail envelope will indicate you have a pm.

Hi,

I'm now looking at 17" wheels. Do you know what tire width is good? This is a bit foreign to me. The car is lowered and on 15" rims now. I had a bad experience with a VW Golf. I bought tires that were too wide and had to put them on the back because they ribbed on the front.

Trying to avoid this mistake.

Thanks