Electrical Power windows not working

Hey all so my freshly painted 1988 foxbody convertible my front 2 power windows are not functioning at all, my 2 rear quarter windows are working fine, I've got new motors, new switches new #14 circuit breaker(fuse) new wiring harnesses, what am I missing?

• Sponsors (?)

You are missing diagnosing what your problem is and just throwing parts at it...
Check for power to the switch
Check for power to the motors......
I repaired an older chevy truck that had electric windows that did not work.... I lurned me how intertwined the wiring was between the two front door switches so the Drivers side could overide all of the operable windows.....
My problem was where the wiring went through the door jamb into the door... The insulation had worn off and it was shorting.....
Report back after you test with your tester.....

Last edited:
You are missing diagnosing what your problem is instead of throwing parts at it...
Check for power to the switch
Check for power to the motors......
I repaired an older chevy truck that had electric windows that did not work.... I lurned me how intertwined the wiring was between the two front door switches so the Drivers side could overide all of the operable windows.....
My problem was where the wiring went through the door jamb into the door... The insulation had worn off and it was shorting.....
Report back after you test with your tester.....
Yea I figured it out it was wire right at the window motor

Reactions: 1 user
Just a quick reminder, verify good ground
Just went thru hell to chase a possible short/ Nick / burn etc
With driver door panel off after checking fuses and replacing stater solenoid circuit breaker
I was able to see a faint spark while moving switches
It was body ground screw loose right behind arm rest
Rather be lucky than good