powerdyne or procharger

StreetStang302 said:
Yea, I'd go with ProCharger, they are in my opinion, the best supercharger company out there. Powerdyne does not really even come close to the great durability and performance of ProCharger.
Their chargers are good, but I have heard horror stories with their costumer service. Hopefuly it has all worked out.

BPA said:
so what does the paxton novi 2000 have better than the vortech units? Im gonna buy the V this weekend. cant wait... The cobra kit looks like it makes 20 hp less than the Gt model. wtf's up with that. i think vortechs site said something like 320 hp. this sound right?car is bone stock exept for upper and lower control arms. What do you guys think that kinda power would net me in the 1/4?
The Novi 2000 blower is a much bogger blower than the S Trim, and leaves you room to grow in the future. Don't ge me wrong, the S-Trim is a bad ass blower, but since they are almost equal in price, I think you can't go wrong stepping up to the Novi 2000.

• Sponsors (?)

hey green94 -

as far as your powerdyne kit goes. it looks old and used, not too mention you are missing some parts. the air filter and intake setup isn't like that. you've also got a polished discharge tube and a satin head unit, so not sure what's up with that.

i'm not too impressed with the prochargers on 5.0's. if the one guys making just over 400rwhp @9psi with H/C/I that's nothing too impressive. that can easily be done with a powerdyne so save your money and go with that.

pushrod50 said:
i'm not too impressed with the prochargers on 5.0's. if the one guys making just over 400rwhp @9psi with H/C/I that's nothing too impressive. that can easily be done with a powerdyne so save your money and go with that.

Im putting down almost 400 on stock heads and cam w/ my Paxton at about 8 PSI w/ out a tune. Should be really close to 400 after the dyno tune chip.

well the paxtons 2000 does look bad ass but i dont think its smog legal in california... neather is the powerdyne and i cant be so sure id want to stop at 9lbs. i oredered the vortech sq.. I think from what everyone is saying here i should be pretty happy with it. anyone else notice though that for the 94 cobra kit is rated like 50hp less than the gt/cobra kit for 93 what gives with that.. only 319 hp at 8-10 psi?.. so i guess ill be running about head to head with a 99 or 2000 cobra power wise.

pushrod50 said:
hey green94 -

as far as your powerdyne kit goes. it looks old and used, not too mention you are missing some parts. the air filter and intake setup isn't like that. you've also got a polished discharge tube and a satin head unit, so not sure what's up with that.

Dyno numbers are completely useless for comparing cars.

Think of Powerdyne's like the A-Trim. It's an entry level blower with not much room to grow.

IMO for a street car, ProCharger is tops with Paxton and Vortech one step behind due to lack of an intercooler.