powermaster alt pos bolt need help

noslow1986

Mar 25, 2006
oswego Il
i have a 100 amp alt powermaster now when i first hook it up the power wire was on the top side of the alt. but when i look at it, and bolt it up the power wire is at the bottom of the alt the small bolt housing on top the long bolt housing on the bottom. i could of sworn the pos wire is on top almost 98 pecent sure. the is a bolt thread hole at the top but doesnt say anything the bottom one says batt. i know i hook it up top side pos its a 100 amp one wire hook up part number 857100 the instructions say bottom but i know i had it up top.

• Sponsors (?)

I dont really understand what you're saying. I did look at the instructions on their site but they don't seem to mention clocking or show a pic of the cable connection. Because it appears you have a black alternator, there might be a boss for a ground strap. It would probably be on the bottom (for aesthetics).

If you think one stud is for a ground strap, you can check continuity between it and the alternator body. Have the alternator disconnected from the power connections before you check.

Have you emailed Powermaster?