Powersteering drop bracket install?

dsmGST91

Jun 13, 2005
Latham NY
Hey guys sorry for the newb questions, I'm currently searching, but I cant find how the bracket installs into the car. Looking at it, I'm clueless, I have nothing. I called Summit and they told me they cant tell me anything other than its on the driver's side. Is there a link to the install or something?
thanks alot

• Sponsors (?)

If you look under your car for the power steering hydralic ram, it attaches t oa bracket on the driver's side frame. It is held on by about 3 bolts. Unbolt the ram from this bracket and then unbolt the bracket. The new bracket bolts on using the same 3 bolts you jsut took out. Re attach the power steering ram and you are good to go.

I am so pissed. I got nothing. I have no idea where that is. I thought I found it, undid the two bolts, and then realized it was the arm for the parking brake unit. Wtf is it? Is there a diagram I can look at it? The only thing else that I see is this huge box at the end of the steering colum. Is that waht I need to move? I really hope not...

here are some pictures...the first one is looking from the top down obviously, that box thing at the end of the column is what i beleive is blocking it. the second picture is looking from the bottom up. wtf do i move?

Attachments

• gay1.jpg
    gay1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 136
  • gay2.jpg
    gay2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 126
are you sure your car has power steering? I don't see the ram, hoses, or the grease/oil residue always found on early ford power steering systems. What you're showing in the pictures is part of the clutch linkage.