• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Predator tune question

  • Thread starter Thread starter '69Stang
  • Start date Start date Apr 21, 2008
6

'69Stang

Founding Member
Sep 28, 1999
1,130
2
38
Metro Detroit
Apr 21, 2008
#1
  • Apr 21, 2008
  • #1
I tried to put in the 93 octane tune today but the cursor won't allow the cursor to grab the right heading. Therefore, I went to the Global Timing heading and added 2 degrees to that field. it had been set at 0 and looked like it could be set between -10 to +10.

I have 3 questions:

1. Did I add +2 degrees of timing to the base factory timing?

2. If so what is the base factory timing? 8 degrees initial?

3. By adding 2 degrees to the Global Timing will I add 2 degreees to the 2000-4000RPM and 4000-7000RPM advance timing also?

I am running 93 or 94 octane regularly and just took the Stang for a ride and it drove great, with seemingly less hesitation. I'd like to add more timing and find the ideal zone, but I don't want to screw anything up either. I would think something around 13-16 degrees would be safe but I don't have any experience with these motors. Please chime in if you have any experience with this! Thanks.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

1
Crank no start on a turbo and cammed pushrod 5.0
  • 1630stri
  • Sep 2, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
2
Views
137
Digital Self-tuning Forum Sep 16, 2026
Qtrhrse23
G
Help with initial Microsquirt ignition setting
  • germain101
  • Nov 13, 2025
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
3
Views
670
Digital Self-tuning Forum Nov 15, 2025
Mustang5L5
K
Resolved Need some assistance. Holley Terminator X alongside H/C/I. Very rough/inconsistent idle
  • karhoot
  • Jun 6, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
139
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 6, 2026
karhoot
K
Weber Carburetor tuning help
  • SchwarzStock
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
171
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 19, 2026
SchwarzStock
9
Engine Donor '00 Mountaineer meet '91 Fox
  • 91firecracker
  • May 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
41
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 28, 2026
91firecracker
9
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?