Price Of N.o.s 87-93 Headlight

• Sponsors (?)

Just the headlight sections, or the full 6 piece set? FWIW, I think I paid $80 for my NOS headlights. That included the aiming brackets too. That was a few years ago, so they may fetch a little more now.

As I recall, DOT regs changed at some point to mandate the use of polycarbonate on non-sealed beam head lamp design. Their reasoning being that they cause less dangerous debris in crashes and are less likely to be shattered by road debris.

Really? Shiit, repros are going for what 150?
Way less. Last ones I saw listed were $89 for all 6.

I've got the diamond clear's in mine and I think they were around $130. Been in the car for about 4-years now and still look as good as the day they went in.

Personally....I wouldn't pay top dollar for a OE lights. Sure, they're fit and finish is nicer, but one thing all of the factory original lights had in common was that they all turned a nice urine coloured yellow, over a short period of time.

You could almost put in 3-sets of reproduction lights for the same cost as a set of OE's.

FWIW. Cause of a minor fender bender a few weeks ago I got some quotes on fixing my bumper and right headlight and marker light. I had them give me full insurance rates and genuine parts. The insurance company cost for replacing the OEM headlight with another OEM headlight was $202.

I have decided to get a complete set of repros instead since I had just enough yellowing that I thought it'd be somewhat obvious that some were newer than the others. At least this way they'll all look consistent.

Way less. Last ones I saw listed were $89 for all 6.

I've got the diamond clear's in mine and I think they were around $130. Been in the car for about 4-years now and still look as good as the day they went in.

Personally....I wouldn't pay top dollar for a OE lights. Sure, they're fit and finish is nicer, but one thing all of the factory original lights had in common was that they all turned a nice urine coloured yellow, over a short period of time.

You could almost put in 3-sets of reproduction lights for the same cost as a set of OE's.
Troof. I think I paid 139 5 years ago for my ultra clears off the 'bay and they are still as clear as the day I bought them. The set before that only lasted about 2 years though.