price on 05 Mustang

Wylde

Jan 16, 2004
Edmonton, AB, Canada
visited one of the local Ford dealers today and asked for whatever info they had regarding the 2005 Mustang. The salemans I talked to is the "Mustang Sales" expert there and he told me that the last meeting he was in with regards to the 05 was there was going to be a very marginal price increase from the 04 model. I think that is good news and it will put it in the close to same price range as the current. Currently a fully loaded GT convertible is ~$40k Canadian (~$30k USD), I'm willing to pay that.

Also they told me they will be taking orders for the Fastbacks starting september with November deliveries. He told me they expect them to start to only trickle in for the first couple months and by the time I am ready (April/May 2005) there will be plenty coming in then, including convertibles. I am on the list for news and updates as it comes in and I will share whatever info I get here. Also I found out there will be none at our Autoshow this weekend...bummer, would have loved to seen it live. You guys who lived in larger cities (or in Detroit) are lucky. Hicksville Canada gets nothing until it's actually in production.

• Sponsors (?)

falchulk said:
If they are going to be 30k then I might as well buy an 04 mach now. I am willing o pay 26 or 27k with the red leather interior but no more then that.

you could get a great deal on a mach right now..but u better hurry...if i like 05 better than my mach..i'll trade it..but my mach is a BACKUP if 05 bombs in my eyes anyways..because i absolutly love current curves and boxiness

falchulk said:
If they are going to be 30k then I might as well buy an 04 mach now. I am willing o pay 26 or 27k with the red leather interior but no more then that.

$30K (US) is for a Vert.

Everything we've heard points to the '05 Deluxe GT coupe starting at about $24.8K (US)and going up to about $29K for a fully loaded GT Premium with automatic. If you are getting one as soon as you can, you will probably have to pay around sticker price.

Right now you should be able to get a 04 Mach 1 for around $24K. The Mach 1 will probably be just slightly faster in a straight line, but the 05 GT will kill the 04 Mach 1 in every other way, comfort, ride, interior room, trunk space, convenience features, looks and of course handling.

351CJ said:
$30K (US) is for a Vert.

Everything we've heard points to the '05 Deluxe GT coupe starting at about $24.8K (US)and going up to about $29K for a fully loaded GT Premium with automatic. If you are getting one as soon as you can, you will probably have to pay around sticker price.

Right now you should be able to get a 04 Mach 1 for around $24K. The Mach 1 will probably be just slightly faster in a straight line, but the 05 GT will kill the 04 Mach 1 in every other way, comfort, ride, interior room, trunk space, convenience features, looks and of course handling.

looks is your opinion..who really needs trunk space in a stang?..i'd be happy without the extra 3cuft

oogtdude said:
looks is your opinion..who really needs trunk space in a stang?..i'd be happy without the extra 3cuft

The interior is 3 cu ft larger the trunk is 1.5 cu ft larger. A little extra trunk room comes in real handy when you're sticking in 2 sets of golf bags or taking it on a trip. :nice:

As far as looks go, you're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is. :rlaugh:

351CJ said:
$30K (US) is for a Vert.

Thats what I have been going by(25.9k from athe ford team at an auto show). The thing is I have been looking at 04 GT's and most sticker for 27 to 28k! I konw with incentives and making a deal its much less. The comments coming out of ford in the last week speak of a tiny increase over the current model. That means that sticker could be similar but no incentives or deals for a while. If its not going to be that high, why are they saying increase? Is it to keep 04 sales up?

All I know is there is a whole lot of them here in Edmonton (5-6 dealers) and the dealer I visited had atleast 10 GTs and a couple Mach 1's some verts and many base models. I would guess at least 25-30 Mustangs in stock. The salesman tried to put me in a 04...told him NO, not interested. I didn't even want to hear the price incase it would have changed my mind.

Wylde said:
All I know is there is a whole lot of them here in Edmonton (5-6 dealers) and the dealer I visited had atleast 10 GTs and a couple Mach 1's some verts and many base models. I would guess at least 25-30 Mustangs in stock. The salesman tried to put me in a 04...told him NO, not interested. I didn't even want to hear the price incase it would have changed my mind.
The price was prolly around 17K for a MACH :D J/K

Wylde said:
Not here in Canada, maybe much cheaper than MSRP but not that much. I would buy it if it were. Mach 1 in Canada starts at $37k. Besides...they don't come in a vert.
Yeah, it was just a joke because you didn't want to hear the price...that's all. And 37K in Canada....what's that like here in the US...2-4K? Hahahaha :joker: