pro 5.0 shifter, adjustable stops question???

nycstang37

Nov 18, 2005
Queens, NY
i recently got a pro 5.0 shifter for my 06gt, and i was wondering something. it comes with adjustable stops and i hear our cars have them integrated right into the tranny already, so my question is do i need to set these or sould i just back the nuts off all the way and get them out of the way of the shifter? i planon installing it tomorrow so any help would be appreciated. o btw it recommends taking out the driveshaft, is this neccesary or does it only make the job easier. i can deal with a little more of a pain in the arse if it means not having to deal with the driveshaft.
thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

look at your instructions but on the pro 5.0's that i have had the way they say to do it was to put the car in third gear and the adjust the stop until it hits the shifter and then back it off. then do the same thing in fouth gear. i would always trust a mechanical stop over what is in the transmission.

The fit is tight underneath the car when working around the driveshaft but its possible. Just make sure you have the car on jackstands because you'll need to feel safe with some of the pulling you'll have to do to remove stock brackets, bolts, etc. Install should go smoothly for you.

thanks for the help, im going to try to get it done this weekend if possible. i saw how much the stock shifter stinks at the track and the night i can home i ordered it, lol. and i noticed the directions about the stops, i just keep hearing alot of people sayin they arent necessary so i figured i would ask here first.