Pro M Efi Fuel Pump Hanger

bettyblue92

Dec 29, 2017
is this a necessary mod for the fuel pump. my car is going to be a street driven car with a heads cam and intake. maybe later a pwr adder down the road. when you watch the youtube vid it makes sense what they are saying, but for what I am planning for my car I was wondering if this would be over kill.

• Sponsors (?)

Keep your gas tank full and it's not really and issue. Or you can attach a lenght of fuel hose to the return and extend it down to the bottom of the tank.

Reactions: 1 users
Without knowing more about your setup, line size in and out, pump size and other things hard to say, if your talking about airiation problems, too big pump running too long, pump cooling, that sort of thing.
Like mentioned above don't run it with low fuel level often,

im pretty much stock right now, but im probably going to need a pump soon its got 103,000 miles on it and pump is kinda noisy. I just wanted to do it right first time and not have to do it again. it is going to be a street car with limited track use. like I said I want a good matching HCI combo and was wanting to match the pump with the combo. 340 pump be to much pump for what im wanting to do. im just wanting to cover myself down the road if I decide to add a pwr adder later.

With a pump that big, you really should be upgrading the fuel lines from the tank to the engine as well. The OEM diameters start to create a restriction at the higher flow rates, especially the 1/4" return line to the tank.

The fuel regulator acts as a restriction in a fork in the road. Fuel can pass through it, but is regulated to 39psi by the restriction and all excess is diverted to the return line and back to the tank. WHen your pump is so powerful it's now pumping 3X what the factory pump did, well that return line can only handle so much before pressure starts building up in the supply line due to the restriction on the return. At that point, you have a hard time maintaining proper fuel pressure unless you have a thirsty engine to drink that fuel and keep the pressure down.

I'm doing an HCI setup with TFS170's soon...I'm running a 190LPH pump

Reactions: 1 user
Need to see a more detailed breakdown of what combo you are putting together. For the most part, yes you should be ok. I picked 30's for my partocular combo although I'm sure 24's would have been fine

well im looking at afrs 165 and a gt40 style intake not sure what cam yet but something that will make good streetable pwr with those heads and intake. would 30's give you some wiggle room for a pwr adder

155lph pump will provide enough fuel for pretty much any NA setup based on a stock block.
The stock fuel lines are enough for any setup with a stock block.
A hp255 pump (high pressure) I think gss340 is enough pump for any stock block superhcharged setup.

The 190lph really has no use. It's more than any NA setup needs and less than any supercharged setup needs.
Changing the fuel pump is relatively easy. If you don't see a supercharger in the near future, just use a 155lph.

24's are pretty safe up until about 325rwhp.