Problem: Car Shifts Out Of O/d When I Take Foot Off Gas

01GT eibach

Nov 18, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
The car: Lightly modified 2001 Mustang GT with A/T (mineral gray) -- Mods: intake, catback, alum driveshaft, pulleys, and suspension stuff (plus interior/exterior cosmetic stuff)

The precursor: I just had a problem where my front passenger-side strut became unattached at the base. This was fixed, and I got a new alignment. I mention this because this happened right before this new O/D problem. Could the mechanics that fixed the problem have inadvertently done something to the O/D?

The problem: The "Overdrive Off" switch does not work (no light or functionality). Car will go into O/D seemingly fine (just like normal), but then comes out of O/D immediately when I take my foot off the gas. Getting back on the gas, the car goes back into O/D only to come out (again) immediately when off the gas.

Please help me!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Don't see how but you gotta wonder don't ya. The switch itself feel normal? I would look at the wiring under the dash where your feet go too and any other area he could have been in with wiring that might affect it. An electrical schematic of the wiring would help trying to trace it down. HATE electrical problems the most! Good luck, curious what you find.