Problem: OIL Dipstick pops out... rpm's rise when cluch is in

ARed1995GT

Dec 9, 2003
Boca Raton, FL
1) Whenever I go into high rpm's in 3rd or 4th gear while racing, the dipstick pops out and a little bit of oil comes out. This happened a few weeks back racing my friend, so I was told to get a new PCV valve and give that a shot. Replaced the old PCV valve with the new one, tried it out tonight, didn't see any steam from oil hitting headers but I pulled over later because I thought I smelled a something and sure enough, dipstick was sticking out a few inches. Anyone know what else besides the PCV valve could cause the dipstick to pop out. I know I must have a lot of crankcase pressure building up.. any ideas?

2) Whenever my clutch is engaged, the rpm's rise 300 - 400 rpm's and stay there for a few. I havent checked to see if they go back down, but I do know they stay up there for a few seconds. I noticed it tonight while I was driving somewhere. Any ideas why it is doing this?

3) How bad is it to race with the performer rpm on stock heads/cam? I know its made for cars with more power but I have it on mine till I can get the 5.0 upper on. It seems like all these problems started happening once this 70mm tb and performer rpm went in...

Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

The dipstick blowing out has to do with crankcase pressure. You could try a breather valve....

The RPM probably works the same as the Performer on stock heads in the upper RPM. You certainly aren't losing anything above 3500 with the RPM.

Joe

Since it's my stuff and I've run both intakes I can honestly say it's hurting you. Revving that motor to high hell is not in the cards for stock valve srpings, rockers, hyper pistons and such. Hopefully a breather will help but from dipstick experience I can also say it can be fatal. When I roasted the rings on #8 the dipstick was out, oil everywhere and steam pouring out. Hopefully yours is a simple fix. Its not the intakes fault it's you racing everything on the Earth:) Like I told you before, your racing with the wrong parts. Get the Performer fixed.

VibrantRedGT said:
Since it's my stuff and I've run both intakes I can honestly say it's hurting you. Revving that motor to high hell is not in the cards for stock valve srpings, rockers, hyper pistons and such. Hopefully a breather will help but from dipstick experience I can also say it can be fatal. When I roasted the rings on #8 the dipstick was out, oil everywhere and steam pouring out. Hopefully yours is a simple fix. Its not the intakes fault it's you racing everything on the Earth:) Like I told you before, your racing with the wrong parts. Get the Performer fixed.
i hear u man, its an addiction, im gonna get the performer welded this week and hopefully this guy will mail the prochamber already, he just got back from vacation