Problem with 96 GT

jdowd25

Jun 19, 2004
California
Just recently got out of the military prematurely. Home now and got more time with my 96 Gt. Havent been home for the past 7 months. take it out for a drive and its just running like ****. Car isnt pulling and sounds like it wants to back fire. Car is about 101000 mile but always kept on the maintnance before i joined the Corp. Left it in my parents hands and they didnt keep it up....so i get to checking things out. Pull of the intake and see that i got oil built up in the throttle body right around were the blade is and continues down the plenum. Pull of the plenum and have oil on both sides of the gasket. Lool down in the manifold and see that i got some oil inside. check the plugs and are fine but still need to be replaced soon. Im clueless what it is and dont think its a head gasket cause no water in the oil and not blowing any weird smoke. Is this something serious that i should be worried about or just blow it off and just spend some money on a great tune. Thanks for reading and would appreciate any help possible.

• Sponsors (?)

jdowd25 said:
Just recently got out of the military prematurely. Home now and got more time with my 96 Gt. Havent been home for the past 7 months. take it out for a drive and its just running like ****. Car isnt pulling and sounds like it wants to back fire. Car is about 101000 mile but always kept on the maintnance before i joined the Corp. Left it in my parents hands and they didnt keep it up....so i get to checking things out. Pull of the intake and see that i got oil built up in the throttle body right around were the blade is and continues down the plenum. Pull of the plenum and have oil on both sides of the gasket. Lool down in the manifold and see that i got some oil inside. check the plugs and are fine but still need to be replaced soon. Im clueless what it is and dont think its a head gasket cause no water in the oil and not blowing any weird smoke. Is this something serious that i should be worried about or just blow it off and just spend some money on a great tune. Thanks for reading and would appreciate any help possible.

normal gunk caused ny the EGR and pvc valves. i got it too and my car runs remarkably healthy.