Problem with car detonating when trying to make a nitrous pass

the_kid

Mar 30, 2010
Dickinson, TX
Ok im only 20yrs old so I know im not the best. Having problems with my car banging out on a normal driving with the timing at 10-12 degrees and fuel pressure at 38psi. I have it set at that because im trieng to make a nitrous pass.

When i have the timing at 18 degrees and fuel pressure at 38psi it runs fine on motor.

Car consits of 331 stroker , 185cnc heads , holley sytemax intake, 75 mm throttle body, anderson power pipe, 90mm mass air calibrated for 42lbs injectors. msd coil, brand new 255lb intank pump, t-rex pump, 1 3/4 long tube headers , x pipe.

All parts and sensors are brand new, seriously everything is new. I even replaced the computer, computer harness, injector harness, o2 harness.

Please give me any info or opinions.
Thx, David.

• Sponsors (?)

You can detonate with improper timing and fuel also. My 07 would "ping" slightly up top even under conservative timing, I knocked out some fuel at WOT from top RPM range and it was all good. Try bringing down your fuel pressure a little, When your on giggle gas proper fuel will be supplied by the juice kit.