problem with changing front struts

notch88

Oct 3, 2005
hey everyone i am in the process of swaping out my stock struts on a 4 cylinder car for some lakewood drag shocks...i cant get the bottom two holes to line up to get the bolt through..i can get one of the two bolts in but when i try pushing the second bolt through it wont match up and i moved the a arm around a bit and stuck a punch through it to try and line the hole up but its not working....any ideas???
thanks
Tyler

• Sponsors (?)

The 4 cyl spindle is not the same as the (87-93) V8 Spindle. The spindle you have is the same as the 86 and older GT though. You will need to do 1 of 3 things.

1. elongate the hole in the strut
2. buy struts for that model
3. CHange and upgrade to V8 brakes/Spindles

ok...that may be some help but lets try to clear some things up....i have an 88 notch back with the upgraded cobra brakes and lakewood drag shocks....its been a racer for sometime and i wanted to start out with somten fresh so i bought a rust free really nice 90 notch bone stock 4 cyl and im in the process of swapping parts off of the 88 notch onto the 90 notch...so are you saying i should swap the whole brakes/ (rotor mounts) or watever you call it basically everything connected to the end of the a arm and swap the with my 4 cylinder car so my struts will line up??
thanks,
tyler