Problems With Mustangs

john max

Feb 14, 2017
I have a 95 Mustang GT 5 speed. I'm very disappointed with the durability of these cars. I got Mickey Thompson Sr drag radials which are Street legal. I go to the drag strip hook up real good and totally shatter or 28 spline axles. A month later after installing Yukon 31-spline axles and 31-spline posi limited-slip carrier I go back to the drag strip and is hooks up real good and after six rounds I destroy the transmission. I have race Chevrolet is for many years and this is my first Ford I cannot believe the headaches that can occur owning one of these cars. I feel it Ford makes it so these cars spin really easy and first and second gear to avoid breaking Drive trains. In reality if you put the power to the pavement you're going to break something. Plus Mustangs seem to be designed for quick acceleration In first and second gear. When you get into 3rd gear on the quarter mile then it falls back on horsepower which they do not have I'm deciding whether or not to scrap my car a hundred percent and just give up on it has anyone else experiences

• Sponsors (?)

That is probably true about the Camaro but if it said SS or RS on it wouldn't be so true. I like my Mustang and I have always been a GM guy and in reality GT Mustang even today is no match for the SS Camaro unfortunately I'm stuck with a GT and I'm going to keep it and make the best of it on a budget if possible

RS camaros are v6s with little power. They won't break their rear axle because they can barely turn the tires over. SS will suffer the same fate as your mustang with the right traction. These cars are built by their respective companies to endure some abuse. Not race conditions though. Get a sticky tire a dead hook any of them over a few nights at the drag strip and they'll all blow apart. The wheel hop alone from stock comfortable suspensions is enough to send your pinion flying out the back cover on most modern pony cars. Only the demon can flaunt it's reinforced drive train. Everything else needs help to survive race conditions.

Watch brand new gt mustang blow up their diffs from wheel hop after 3 hard launches.

The last 2 generations of camaro come with a plastic or leather rag joint on the drive shaft. RAG JOINT ON THE DRIVESHAFT! Who does that?

All for the cause of NVH standards, cheaper production costs and creature comfort.

Reactions: 1 user