Forced Induction Procharger

usaf_branham

15 Year Member
Oct 30, 2008
Boston
I'm considering ordering a procharger stage 2 kit from lethal performance... It's the one that comes with a boost a pump, id1000s, and a remote Lund tune (since I already have an nGauge). I'll likely go with a d1sc, standard gears, big red open valve, and get satin parts.

If I do it, it probably won't be until July and I'll get a set of pro-kit lowering springs and the 800hp dss half shafts at the same time.

I'm a little unsure about the open race valve though... Does anyone know how much it hisses while cruising? I don't mind the external blow off when changing gears or revving it, but if it hisses all the time, I'm thinking that may get real annoying real quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

I'm considering ordering a procharger stage 2 kit from lethal performance... It's the one that comes with a boost a pump, id1000s, and a remote Lund tune (since I already have an nGauge). I'll likely go with a d1sc, standard gears, big red open valve, and get satin parts.

If I do it, it probably won't be until July and I'll get a set of pro-kit lowering springs and the 800hp dss half shafts at the same time.

I'm a little unsure about the open race valve though... Does anyone know how much it hisses while cruising? I don't mind the external blow off when changing gears or revving it, but if it hisses all the time, I'm thinking that may get real annoying real quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Red valve is loud, I find it most comparable to the Tail Q as far as noise goes. You will certainly hear the air being pushed from this thing at idle.
Personally on my Vortech kit I am using the Maxflow Race BOV with a filter, it is virtually quiet at idle and can only be heard releasing from WOT. I will say that it is a little on the small side and there is a little bit of compressor surge after letting off at 7500rpm. It is fine at 7,000 rpm however. I will be upgrading my BOV when switching to a new Intake manifold and smaller blower pulley in the next few weeks.

Just out of curiosity have you looked at the Vortech Kits?

Yep it Whistles ALL THE TIME and its LOUD. My kit came with both the race valve and the standard valve. I've considered changing it to the quiet one at times and I like things loud. The whistle can be drown out for the most part once the radio hits about 22.