Progress Thread: Project Whinin' 99 (pics)

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks, Brian.

LX, sounds like a great plan. If you don't mind me asking, how streetable is your setup with the Art Carr C4 and 4000 stall, and just the car overall?

I can't wait to see the end result. Make sure to take some videos if you get a chance during the build.

Thanks, Brian.

LX, sounds like a great plan. If you don't mind me asking, how streetable is your setup with the Art Carr C4 and 4000 stall, and just the car overall?

I can't wait to see the end result. Make sure to take some videos if you get a chance during the build.

I don't mind at all. As usual, streetability is relative. I know a guy with a 650HP big block Fairlane, back halved, powerglide, with 4:56 gears and a detroit locker that calls his car "streetable" :rlaugh:. The way Art Carr makes their C4s, the stall speed during normal driving is around 3200, but when the pedal is stomped the stall "flashes" to 4000. The car is very streetable to me, but it's not the best cruiser. With the three speed C4, the car definitely does not like the highway. If I wanted to gain back some streetability, and sacrifice some consistency, I'd swap the car to a built 4r70w or just go back to a stout Tremec 6 speed.

You'll see vids in this thread eventually, that's a promise! :nice: