• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Project 81 Hack Job-Quick wheel update

  • Thread starter Thread starter SVT32VDOHC
  • Start date Start date Feb 5, 2008

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
3,501
28
119
Motor City
Feb 5, 2008
#1
  • Feb 5, 2008
  • #1
Front: 17X8 30mm offset. STOCK 94-04 style wheels, STOCK FOX LCA's, 96+ spindles:

View attachment 331957



View attachment 331961

The straight edge test. They DO NOT STICK OUT. They are even.
View attachment 331963



REAR: 17X9 24mm offset. Cobra R wheels Nitto 275 40 17 tire. 1999-2004 axle:


They don't look too bad, but I need to see the car further away, and I need to get the ride height right with all the weight on the car and possibly cut rear springs. The quarter is 29 inches off the ground right now. I need to get it to at least 27 or 27-1/2" like my other notch.


View attachment 331969



Straight edge test. The tire sticks out 7/8" from the quarter panel.

So....What I plan on doing, is buying Bullit 17X9 S197 wheels with the +45mm offset for the rear. That will tuck the wheel inward 21mm. That is about 7/8". That means I get the 17X9 wheel with more backspacing and it won't stick out, it will be dead even. I plan on buying Bullit 17X8 99-04 wheels with a +30mm offset for the front. As I made a thread earilers, since they are replica wheels, they all look the same. If not, Bullit's, then Pony R's.

I have now come to the conclusion that I am buying wheels when the car is completely done!! I will roll on 97 Cobra wheels until the shipment comes in. I am tossing the Pony R's now and the S197 Bullits. I want chrome but I worry about how long the chrome will last.
 

Attachments

  • DSC03846.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC03843.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC03840.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC03837.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC03836.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC03838.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 157
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

305-45-17 tires on Pony wheels (17")?
  • TTSaleen
  • Mar 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
776
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 25, 2026
TTSaleen
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
406
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Place to Avoid: Jamison Auto Group in Gulfport, MS
  • D Durden
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
46
Views
3K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 16, 2026
Noobz347
M
Need Wheel Measurement Help Please
  • MintyFresh
  • Nov 15, 2022
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Nov 16, 2022
manicmechanic007
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?