Project 81 Hack Job-Quick wheel update

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
3,501
28
119
Motor City
Front: 17X8 30mm offset. STOCK 94-04 style wheels, STOCK FOX LCA's, 96+ spindles:

View attachment 331957

DSC03846.webp


View attachment 331961

The straight edge test. They DO NOT STICK OUT. They are even.
View attachment 331963

DSC03843.webp


REAR: 17X9 24mm offset. Cobra R wheels Nitto 275 40 17 tire. 1999-2004 axle:


They don't look too bad, but I need to see the car further away, and I need to get the ride height right with all the weight on the car and possibly cut rear springs. The quarter is 29 inches off the ground right now. I need to get it to at least 27 or 27-1/2" like my other notch.
DSC03840.webp


View attachment 331969

DSC03836.webp


Straight edge test. The tire sticks out 7/8" from the quarter panel.
DSC03838.webp


So....What I plan on doing, is buying Bullit 17X9 S197 wheels with the +45mm offset for the rear. That will tuck the wheel inward 21mm. That is about 7/8". That means I get the 17X9 wheel with more backspacing and it won't stick out, it will be dead even. I plan on buying Bullit 17X8 99-04 wheels with a +30mm offset for the front. As I made a thread earilers, since they are replica wheels, they all look the same. If not, Bullit's, then Pony R's.

I have now come to the conclusion that I am buying wheels when the car is completely done!! I will roll on 97 Cobra wheels until the shipment comes in. I am tossing the Pony R's now and the S197 Bullits. I want chrome but I worry about how long the chrome will last.
 

Attachments

  • DSC03846.webp
    DSC03846.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC03843.webp
    DSC03843.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC03840.webp
    DSC03840.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC03837.webp
    DSC03837.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC03836.webp
    DSC03836.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC03838.webp
    DSC03838.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 156