Progress Thread project car.

hi everyone, i have received a 96 SVT Cobra from my dad and it needs a lot of work. A good thing is there is a lot of performance aftermarket upgrades on the car, so i wont need a lot.the main thing is that it has been sitting for years and needs a cleaning and a lot of fluids. mechanically speaking, the car ran before it was parked in 2009, so lets just hope that its fine. any advice? although i am a car guy, i really dont know a whole lot about mustangs

• Sponsors (?)

Consider:
  • Removing the spark plugs and spraying fogging oil into each cylinder. Then baring the motor over by hand.
  • change the oil
  • drain the gas tank. It's possible to use the car's fuel pump to assist.
  • inspect the whole car for any evidence of rodent activity.
When I needed to drain stale gas from my project car there were several gallons of stale gas. Ended up putting a gallon or so in all of my cars and a few neighbor's cars. I figured if diluted enough that it wouldn't hurt and easier than paying a disposal fee.

thank you much for your reply. i do need to find out a few things.
1. can you use 5W-30 Synthetic? or just conventional.
2.where do i find fogging oil? cant find any at my local hardware store
3.how much will it cost to get it registered and insured? i live in Illinois and have nothing against my record
thanks again

You don't honestly expect someone to look up the cost of registration and insurance for you do you?[/QUOTE]

no, I was just hoping for an estimate, thanks for the help with the oils though. I will be posting pictures as i continue my work, so keep an eye out if you're interested.