Project DOHC Eleanor gets T-56

Fostang said:
GP- HA good one about it being simple to fab up a pedal stop since I'm dropping in a 4.6 and t-56. You'd be surprised how dumb I am. LOL. I'm quite lost here and this along looks like a 500 dollar investment ggrrrrrrr.....

fasterback- you have mail.....

If you are using the stock pedal assembly I can tell you how to make a silent, adjustable, rugged pedal stop for about $30 in parts and a small amount of welding. If you are using an aftermarket pedal assembly most have pedal stops you can purchase.

• Sponsors (?)

As a matter of fact I need to look for a new pedal assembly I sold my old one when I took out my efi/t-5 set up because I was going aod.

More than likely I'll go with the stock set up.

Thanks Bill for the email.

Fostang said:
Yeah from what I know 65 and 66 have the interferance but 67 up fit. I guess I'll have to find out.

I plan the use the T56 also, and I have heard both, you needin to cut and not needin for 67-68, but I have heard more in favor of not needin to cut. I dunno if you saw the turbo 67 fastback in HOT ROD months ago, but I checked out the car in person, and the owner told me he didnt need to do anything to the tunnel to make it fit. Hope this helps, good luck on the task at and, and definetly keep us posted

slapper said:
2bobp----how did your Novi blow-through end up????

It ended up with a snapped tremec!! :mad: The input shaft twisted apart at 660 rwhp and I havent decided what I'm going to do for a new trans yet... :shrug:

I may be going automatic as it will handle that kind of power much better.. but we'll see...

later
bob