Progress Thread Project Fury 2

Time for the rear suspnsion goodies. Rear end is all assembled with 3:55 cogs, Eaton Diff, 31 spline axles, new bearings & seals.
Steeda 5 Link II going in, along with UPR Battle Boxes, Tokico 5 Ways, and Steeda Billet Weight Jacker LCA's

Lets weld the axle tubes too.

Fresh coat of black paint

Stud girdle on

Reactions: 1 user
Mounting tabs welded in, for the new postions of the 5 Link's upper control arms

Upper brace welded

Welded in mount

Other mounting tab, with HD hardware

Better shot of the upper control arm mounting position. also new 400 lb rate rear springs

Almost finished. Need a set of rear isolaters, rear swaybar, then tighten everything up, set pinion angle after engine and rest of drivetrain installed

View attachment 119527

Swaybar endlinks cleaned up, with new urethane bushings

Going back together. Struts were in good shape, so we cleaned up the dust boots, painted them, & reconditioned the studs up top for a clean look.

Held off on installing the new Seeda 1000lb front springs, as we need the motor in the car.

How hard was the dash board to remove and re-install if you've done it already? I really need to do it on my car but have been slightly intimidated, I'm concerned with lining the heat back up and everything working.

How hard was the dash board to remove and re-install if you've done it already? I really need to do it on my car but have been slightly intimidated, I'm concerned with lining the heat back up and everything working.

Even better is the age that we live in. The HARDEST part is recalling where everything goes. Takes LOTS of pictures as you take it apart. These will serve as a reference when/if the head scratching begins.

That aside, it's a very time consuming process. One that should include replacing the heater core with an OEM replacement FROM FORD. If you have an aluminum radiator then I'd be inclined to opt for a QUALITY aluminum heater core over the OEM piece, but just barely. The OEM core last for how long? Yeah... it's a good piece.

Your local parts store is NOT a good place to get a replacement heater core. They are very hit and miss in quality.

@Fredmatic

This is coming along very nicely! I love to see this kind of build. I can't wait to see/hear how this suspension package reacts to the car vs. the stock 4-link!

Got the updated front door speakers, and the rest of the stereo hooked up. Sound is AMAZING ! Thanks again to Kicker for their support, and well engineered complete system.

Dash tweeters

Front door speakers required slight metal surgery, but no other mods to fit.

The guts of the system

Sub is in and tuned.

Now, on to the custom rear seat delete, panels, and interior completion