Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 7.3 godzilla

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 408 ci or more Windsor

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • Sponsors (?)

Body work is starting to progress! The black is a never used original frame rail. Also decided to go from 1.6 to 1.7 rockers with the F cam.

709679537.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Wow, very nice.
Where did you get that frame rail from?
A year and a half ago it popped up on National Parts Depot. I looked again and don't see it listed any longer.

Originally I was only having the engine bay and hood painted but my body guy found a good bit of rust in the fenders behind the wheels and my front bumper was cracked before I bought the car. Now that I am replacing the fenders and front bumpers I may go ahead and have the whole car sprayed. He will only charge me 3,500 more to do everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I know the "rust" feeling - my car needs everything forward of the firewall...even my door jams need some attention.
I am debating just cutting the car back of the door jams and welding in a new front end. (Not trying to hijack your).
Thanks for the info.

I know the "rust" feeling - my car needs everything forward of the firewall...even my door jams need some attention.
I am debating just cutting the car back of the door jams and welding in a new front end. (Not trying to hijack your).
Thanks for the info.
That's basically what @95steedamustang did to my car, it had rust in the jambs and cowl, floor, rockers, and rear qtr's...

Reactions: 1 user
You should have kept the parts car and just exchange fuel doors. A lot less work. (Only kidding) Its amazing how nostalgia kicks in and you cant get rid of these cars for sentimental reasons.
Parts car was fubared. Would have needed just and much work and no title and I wont touch vin plates. But we got our 500 out of it. Plus @bird_dog0347 has to earn the Frankenstang title for his car

I gave my body guy the go ahead for the full respray. The front bumper arrived today and the fenders should be delivered monday. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. The frame rail and body work has had me on pause for about a year. Still a ton of work to do but nothing to hold me back now.

You should have kept the parts car and just exchange fuel doors. A lot less work. (Only kidding) Its amazing how nostalgia kicks in and you cant get rid of these cars for sentimental reasons.
LOL, had nothing to do with nostalgia, had we known how bad the problems were we WOULD have used the donor and replaced the floor and the roof on it.

I got the call from Lentech that my transmission will be shipping next week. They are testing it on the dyno now and then packaging it. Lentech built my transmission in 3 months after waiting on a PA trans for 13 months so I am pretty excited to have the transmission arrive. I have some photos to dump from the engine build that I will probably post this weekend. I also decided to go coil near plug so I received the cam plug, msd crank trigger, wire kit, and coils this past week. I also gave up on waiting for my canton oil pan and goodies so I swapped to a moroso unit that summit had in stock. Pretty happy with the changes and I'll post photos of that as well. I am probably looking at another month or two before the car is back from the body shop but I am really close to getting it back together.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users