project suggestions, drag, street ... both?

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
I have a 86 model coupe, 4 cyl 5 speed, I'd like to go carb and built a kick ass combo, I want to keep a street car look to it, but would want something I can take to the track and have fun with, would want to keep the car 5 speed, what combo would get me into 11's maybe the 10's. Also interested in what kind of money it would take to get the car to those times, gimme your combo suggestions, engine, tranny, rear end, etc........

• Sponsors (?)

Yea i think a 351 based stroker backed by a TKO 600 and a single turbo kit would be insane. you could easily put 600 to the tires and have one hell of a street car.

I would not go carb though....worst decision i think you could make. EFI is going to be sooo much easier to deal with at that power level. With proper parts/tuning 600 wheel HP is perfectly manageable with EFI....def not so with a carb.

I would say 10k to get you into the 10's

Yea i think a 351 based stroker backed by a TKO 600 and a single turbo kit would be insane. you could easily put 600 to the tires and have one hell of a street car.

I would not go carb though....worst decision i think you could make. EFI is going to be sooo much easier to deal with at that power level. With proper parts/tuning 600 wheel HP is perfectly manageable with EFI....def not so with a carb.

I would say 10k to get you into the 10's

I don't know where you buy parts from but i can have you in the '9s for that price and probably give you change.