Pulled Codes - What Now?

• Sponsors (?)

code 44 and 94 are the air control valves for the left side airtube to the heads. the tab and tad are bad most likely... 34 is egr i believe, there is a solenoid that controls it and koeo the solenoid is what is throwing the code i believe. 12 is the iac. been thru all of them. hopefully a good cleaning of the iac and egr and a new egr gasket, as for 44/94 they probably need the solenoids replaced. i replaced mine with junkyard parts from a 90 lincoln ltd 5.0. they worked great, otherwise they are like 45 bucks each new from lrs.

just saw you took some stuff out... if the smog equipment including the tab and tad were taken out then i believe 94 and 44 don't matter and will always be there. egr and iac are cleanable. if it works great, if not they are easily replaced.

Great. I thought I had read the same thing about the 44 and 94 codes.
I'm a little leary about fooling with anything at this point though. It seems like everytime I try to make it better it ends up running worse than before I messed with it. Right now it actually runs pretty descent, just a little rich. I'll probably go ahead and change out the O2's this weekend as part of my recent tune up.

Great. I thought I had read the same thing about the 44 and 94 codes.
I'm a little leary about fooling with anything at this point though. It seems like everytime I try to make it better it ends up running worse than before I messed with it. Right now it actually runs pretty descent, just a little rich. I'll probably go ahead and change out the O2's this weekend as part of my recent tune up.
44 and 94 are no problem, i can't say the same for 12 and 34. the iac needs to work, egr depending on if you deleted it and if you deleted it properly. i believe your o2 sensors would throw codes if they were dead, although if they are old replacing them never hurts.