Pulled over again!!!

mrmhrm9598

Apr 2, 2010
Well I was pulled over again. This time for exhaust and hood. I have the cobra R hood for my 97 and it has a 3" cowl. What really ticks me off is while they are talking to me a camaro pulls in with straight pipes and they say nothing to him. They didn't write me but told me I need to put it back stock. well that isn't going to happen. I am going to try to find a lower hood but the next thing I do to the exhaust is add headers. I guess I am going to post my hood and see if any body wants to trade. I am not going back stock just something that isn't so tall.

When it comes to doing anything to your car Va is like a communist state. You are right they claim obstruction of view. I am not changing the exhaust. I will avoid town or just pay the fines. Hopefully I can trade for another hood.

Thats crazy.... i live in Woodbridge, not too sure on the height of my hood but i have a stalker, havent had any problems yet. Although the only reason i only went 50% tint is because my bro AND his gf have both been pulled over a couple times because of the tint on their cars. Police do seem kinda lenient on the tint here in Woodbridge, lots of cars have 35% or darker. I was lookin at getting new headers and an exhaust probly within the next few months. Hopefully they leave me alone, i can honestly say i never new there were laws here about hood height and exhaust? What is the law about exhausts?

I am looking into the hood height laws. I believe you can have 1 1/4" rise on the hood. The law on exhaust says that the OEM exhaust must be maintained. And no it isn't abandoned cars and cinder blocks. I actually live in an area that is fairly wealthy because of the coal industry. This was a local deputy. I have been through state road checks and they never mentioned my exhaust or hood. Granted my exhaust is a little louder since I installed the 4:10 gears. Due to pulling out under higher rpm's. I lived in TN for 15 years and did whatever I wanted to my cars with no issues. Basically I think Va laws about vehicle modifications suck!

that is something that I think is funny. I can have a bike with shorty pipes that are as loud as I want them and nothing is said. Don't get me wrong I ride and have no problems with bikes with loud pipes. I just do not understand the laws on loud vehicle exhaust.

i could not live in a state like that, florida has no inspection, or anything. we dont need hoods, jeeps have no doors, the cops have 5% tint on there cars, we were at a local meet tonight, there were 3 cars running M/T slicks, one had wheelie bar, and a parachute covering the liscense plate!

i love florida laws!!!!

I agree loud exhaust should not be a problem. Tonight my girl and I came out of a restaurant and 2 Harleys fired up and scared both of us they where so loud. Sounded good but very very loud. All the stangs I have heard are no were near as loud as most Harleys. At least cars are not bothered much in CT about exhaust. The Harlys run a round making so much more noise then are stangs.

That will all change when the city gets a decent football team, the natives are just pissy from years of ass whoopins, I would be too!? Do what ya' can to stay alive, but sounds like a city I would love to be Law Enforcement in.