Pulled over again!!!

mrmhrm9598

Apr 2, 2010
Well I was pulled over again. This time for exhaust and hood. I have the cobra R hood for my 97 and it has a 3" cowl. What really ticks me off is while they are talking to me a camaro pulls in with straight pipes and they say nothing to him. They didn't write me but told me I need to put it back stock. well that isn't going to happen. I am going to try to find a lower hood but the next thing I do to the exhaust is add headers. I guess I am going to post my hood and see if any body wants to trade. I am not going back stock just something that isn't so tall.

• Sponsors (?)

When it comes to doing anything to your car Va is like a communist state. You are right they claim obstruction of view. I am not changing the exhaust. I will avoid town or just pay the fines. Hopefully I can trade for another hood.

Thats crazy.... i live in Woodbridge, not too sure on the height of my hood but i have a stalker, havent had any problems yet. Although the only reason i only went 50% tint is because my bro AND his gf have both been pulled over a couple times because of the tint on their cars. Police do seem kinda lenient on the tint here in Woodbridge, lots of cars have 35% or darker. I was lookin at getting new headers and an exhaust probly within the next few months. Hopefully they leave me alone, i can honestly say i never new there were laws here about hood height and exhaust? What is the law about exhausts?

I am looking into the hood height laws. I believe you can have 1 1/4" rise on the hood. The law on exhaust says that the OEM exhaust must be maintained. And no it isn't abandoned cars and cinder blocks. I actually live in an area that is fairly wealthy because of the coal industry. This was a local deputy. I have been through state road checks and they never mentioned my exhaust or hood. Granted my exhaust is a little louder since I installed the 4:10 gears. Due to pulling out under higher rpm's. I lived in TN for 15 years and did whatever I wanted to my cars with no issues. Basically I think Va laws about vehicle modifications suck!

that is something that I think is funny. I can have a bike with shorty pipes that are as loud as I want them and nothing is said. Don't get me wrong I ride and have no problems with bikes with loud pipes. I just do not understand the laws on loud vehicle exhaust.

i could not live in a state like that, florida has no inspection, or anything. we dont need hoods, jeeps have no doors, the cops have 5% tint on there cars, we were at a local meet tonight, there were 3 cars running M/T slicks, one had wheelie bar, and a parachute covering the liscense plate!

i love florida laws!!!!

I agree loud exhaust should not be a problem. Tonight my girl and I came out of a restaurant and 2 Harleys fired up and scared both of us they where so loud. Sounded good but very very loud. All the stangs I have heard are no were near as loud as most Harleys. At least cars are not bothered much in CT about exhaust. The Harlys run a round making so much more noise then are stangs.

Man Detroit is ****ing wild, its a ****ing wild wild wild place. If you drive down the streets you will see whole blocks burned down, whole streets abandoned, homes business abandoned, its crazy man half the city is abandoned. I was puttin gas in the stang the other day hand on my glock, and some lady pulled up to put gas, locked her car took the keys went inside to pay, when 30 seconds later 2 young dudes pull up in a truck bust her window take her purse and leave, now mind you the gas station is full of people, and nobody gives a **** lol, even i dont care. I would have rather been a dishwasher than take a job with DPD and their 70 percent unsolved homicide rate.

I love motown but its a ****ing jungle out here

:eek: That will all change when the city gets a decent football team, the natives are just pissy from years of ass whoopins, I would be too!?:rolleyes: Do what ya' can to stay alive, but sounds like a city I would love to be Law Enforcement in.:nice::flag: