Pulling/installing motor with LT's

Night Shifter

Dec 24, 2005
Daytona
is it possible to keep my LT's installed and pull the motor out from the engine bay and reinstall it with the headers still attached? just wondering before i try..if not, no big deal, just tryin to save myself some time.. thanks guys :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

is it possible to keep my LT's installed and pull the motor out from the engine bay and reinstall it with the headers still attached? just wondering before i try..if not, no big deal, just tryin to save myself some time.. thanks guys :nice:

I've never done it with long tubes, but I have seen quite a few pictures of it. So, I'm sure it's possible.

negatory...pulled starter the other day and pulled tranny yesterday...still no go..

its cool though cause i moved back home and have a shop of my own now to put everything in so i dont have to worry about paying anyone to do anything and i have every tool at my disposal so ill figure it out i guess... if not, then new plan, ive got a couple of ideas floating around in my head :D

sucks i had to let it sit over winter and stare at it and not be able to touch it until now...but at least its out of the snow now and i can work on it whenever i please

I believe in most cases you can pull the motor with them still attached. I tried to, but couldn't becuase mine wrap around the steering shaft, which simply was too big to fit through the gap between the primaries. If that's not an issue with your headers, you should be able to leave them on.

my steering shaft runs through the tubes of the headers.. i had to take it off to put the headers on so, im guessing if i take the steering shaft off then i'll be able to just pull the motor up through the top then... this shall be fun....

im going to start on it this weekend so any other advice is welcome...if none, then ill post up the details i guess.. thanks again guys :nice: