Purplefords 67 Mustang EFI T-5

Hello all, I have a 1967 Mustang coupe...It was my dads last project before he died in 2012. I recently purchased the car from his widow. It has a 1995 5.0 EFI and T-5 now mounted in. My goal is to complete his project. I havent installed fuel system or throttle cable yet. Im in process of hooking up the aftermarket wiring harness and aftermarket clutch cable supplied when i purchased the car. The donor car is gone. Any suggestions or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191205-122923_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20191205-122923_Photos.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20191205-122900_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20191205-122900_Photos.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice! What a cool rod that's gonna be; and reliable and driveable as the day is long...what a great and proven combo. Completing that car and honoring your father's memory at the same time will be such an awesome and rewarding venture, sir. I want to start by saying good luck and I hope you enjoy every aspect of the project, all the way up to grabbing the wheel, stickin' your foot clean to the floor, and grabbing all the gears for the first time while that 302 growls all the way to redline and asks for more! That being said, what all are you missing? If you need everything fuel-wise, Holley has some really slick and installer friendly all-inclusive pump kits that work very well, and are priced very competitively, that will deliver more than plenty for your application AND leave room for growth. In fact I was just on their website, and they've got some great Christmas sales right now! As for the throttle cable, check out CJ Pony Parts. They'll for sure have something that will work for your set-up; probably for under forty bucks. If you're in need of cooling, I recommend Engineered Cooling Products (speedcooling.com), for top quality drop-in radiators and fan set-ups, at extremely reasonable prices. In fact, I believe they gaurantee their stuff for the life of your car, but it's so well built in my experience, I doubt you'd ever have an issue. Anyway, let us know what you need as you progress and I'm sure many other 'Stang guys will chime in with some good, solid ideas. I can't wait to see pics as you move along, and look forward to the finished product for sure...Happy wrenching and keep roddin', bud!

Nice! What a cool rod that's gonna be; and reliable and driveable as the day is long...what a great and proven combo. Completing that car and honoring your father's memory at the same time will be such an awesome and rewarding venture, sir. I want to start by saying good luck and I hope you enjoy every aspect of the project, all the way up to grabbing the wheel, stickin' your foot clean to the floor, and grabbing all the gears for the first time while that 302 growls all the way to redline and asks for more! That being said, what all are you missing? If you need everything fuel-wise, Holley has some really slick and installer friendly all-inclusive pump kits that work very well, and are priced very competitively, that will deliver more than plenty for your application AND leave room for growth. In fact I was just on their website, and they've got some great Christmas sales right now! As for the throttle cable, check out CJ Pony Parts. They'll for sure have something that will work for your set-up; probably for under forty bucks. If you're in need of cooling, I recommend Engineered Cooling Products (speedcooling.com), for top quality drop-in radiators and fan set-ups, at extremely reasonable prices. In fact, I believe they gaurantee their stuff for the life of your car, but it's so well built in my experience, I doubt you'd ever have an issue. Anyway, let us know what you need as you progress and I'm sure many other 'Stang guys will chime in with some good, solid ideas. I can't wait to see pics as you move along, and look forward to the finished product for sure...Happy wrenching and keep roddin', bud!

Get thanks for the info jjperf, I actually seen a Holley are today online for an in tank EFI fuel tank module part# 12-305 , my question on that item is since it states no separate return line is required, how would I hook up both fuel rail fittings if I went that route? Would I simply have to run a return line to my stock tank drain plug?

Hmmmm.... could be worth a call to Holley, but I can't think of reason why that won't fly. Sure, you'd have two regulators, but in that event you'll always essentially only be "using" whichever one has the lowest pressure setting; In your case I believe it'd be the stock one on the rail. Yeah, I think if you did like you're saying and just plumbed it up like stock, you should be good to go. You may want to ensure that your return isn't under or right next to the hydramat, but again that's a good question for them as those mats are pretty awesome and turbulence or nearby disturbances may not even be an issue. I'd say if the pump is up to the task, that set-up should work real slick.

Thank you, i did call holley and Jeggs yesterday though after being on hold for over 10 minutes each i hung up. I'll most likely try again today. I'm with you thinking that would be a slick set up. This poor old Meatcutter is on vacation this week, so i got time for sure. Im probably gonna hook the clutch pedal cable assembly my dad had gotten from Ron Morris today. My plan of action is to get the mustang running and driving, then work on paint after alls working, anxius to drive this old ford!!

I know that anxious feeling... my '65 is getting buried in snow as we speak and there's nothing I can boot outta the shop yet to trade places with it. It's very sad. At least I've got some iron on the engine stand...guess that's as good of a place to start as any, haha.