Pushing Through My Clutch- Transmission Decisions

I dont know, but someone had a used one for sale local here in TX. 90k miles. Their probably not all that hard to find though. Ima go ask him how much.

1800 o.b.o. then what, clutch, flywheel? driveshaft, bellhousing, adapter plate? ...

• Sponsors (?)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Sweet baby jesus.. https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/160270458680471/?ref=browse_tab&search_query=T56&tracking={"qid"%3A"6860870227432165682"%2C"mf_story_key"%3A"2723280274461394"%2C"commerce_rank_obj"%3A"%7B%5C"target_id%5C"%3A2723280274461394%2C%5C"target_type%5C"%3A0%2C%5C"primary_position%5C"%3A-1%2C%5C"ranking_signature%5C"%3A0%2C%5C"commerce_channel%5C"%3A503%2C%5C"value%5C"%3A0%2C%5C"upsell_type%5C"%3Anull%7D"%7D

That's more than my whole car is worth. Smh

Why didn't go you for a 6 speed?

Ok. Yeah, I guess that's in the same price range as well. That will likely work out better than the Magnum for what you are using it for. You are getting a modified TKO600 for less than the price of a factory T56 Magnum. Bob has to completely take the transmission apart to put the fiber lined blocker rings in to make it shift faster. Replace the factory rubber fork pads with brass ones, replace the aluminum forks with steel ones; little stuff like that. I did all that stuff to my 3550 already, and that price makes sense.

Kurt

What's NVH like on one of these upgraded transmissions?

You can look in the breaker box and take the socket covers off yourself. You don't need a home inspector to do that.

Kurt

Most homeowners can barely cut their own grass.

What's NVH like on one of these upgraded transmissions?

Most homeowners can barely cut their own grass.

Not sure what NVH is. Agreed on the grass cutting. Although the Home Inspector I had brought a lamp around the house to test the sockets, and then sent me pictures of where the paint had chipped off the interior window trim. I think that's about all he did. Pretty sure anyone can access those things.

Kurt

NVH = Noise Vibration Harshness. Is it like being in race car, or just slight more aggressive than factory?

None. They drive like factory transmissions. You don't have to worry about a transmission being a hassle to deal with until you have it faceplated. It's normal to do poly transmission and engine mounts to get the most out of torque transfer, but not essential. In a Mustang, I have never noticed the difference between rubber and poly transmission and engine mounts. Technically, it should add more vibration, but it really doesn't in the real world.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 users