put in new clutch and old stock h, car dies at idle

theorama2000

Founding Member
Jan 27, 2002
orange county ca
i put in a new clutch and the clutch is great, works awesome. i also took out the off road h and put back the stock catted h. now the car seems to run ok, but its very sluggish, which i know it was even out once it gets used to the pipes, but it dies at idle. like when downshifting, and i take it outta second or whatever it just goes down to zero. at idle itll just buck around 500 then die. whats going on!?! also, the new clutch grabs Right away. there is no free play, is there a way to adjust it alil bit out or is this just the way it is? thanks for info guys...

• Sponsors (?)

did you remember to swap your O2 sensors over? They might've gotten damaged, too. As far as the clutch goes, do you have a stock quad? If so, you're either going to have to replace it with an adjustable setup or deal with it until the cable stretches, which is a loooooong time.

well, after afew minutes the idle was smooth enuf to drive, and after a few miles of driving it evened out, and runs smooth now, but needs to adjust cause its still pretty sluggish. the clutch is still short, but im getting used to it, it doesnt have to stretch, i think it would have to shrink because when i first installed the cable there was aLOT of slack, but i think it adjusted itself and it decent now.